Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: DJ table and truss/overhead bars

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    To be honest Chris there was a bit of gentle ribbing going on over your lengthy (and sometimes amusing) questioning on buying a fairly ordinary DJ stand - it's a shame you didn't catch on with some of the more tongue in cheek replies and took it all a bit too seriously
    To be honest, I've refrained from posting on this thread, despite feeling I might have some advice to offer. Comments like the one below are the reason....

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

Believe me, endearing myself to certain people on here is very low on my priorities!
    I' you're not prepared to take on advice from people that have been in the same situation as yourself, or not prepared to try endear yourself to everyone who may offer good advice...I can't help thinking why bother!!. Sorry Chris. I can't help but wonder if the next thread you post like this... you may be be faced with deafening silence.

Best of luck to you and any decision you make.

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    To be honest Chris there was a bit of gentle ribbing going on over your lengthy (and sometimes amusing) questioning on buying a fairly ordinary DJ stand - it's a shame you didn't catch on with some of the more tongue in cheek replies and took it all a bit too seriously, so apologies if it rubbed you up the wrong way, but you've been a member long enough to know that help is offered with the best of intentions.
    To be truthful, ribbing I can take all day long, it's only when it lapses into sarcasm that it gets a tad boring! On a forum that I own that has just over 7,000 members, we put smilies into posts when it goes a little tongue in cheek, just to let the OP know.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I' you're not prepared to take on advice from people that have been in the same situation as yourself, or not prepared to try endear yourself to everyone who may offer good advice..
    You seem quite confused - I never said that I wasn't taking on any advice from members here, I was just in NO RUSH to buy the stand! I hope that's okay!

...and there you go again with your smarmy comments and Italics.

As they say in Dragons Den, "I'm out" and I won't be in a rush to offer any advice to you in the future.
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

You seem quite confused - I never said that I wasn't taking on any advice from members here, I was just in NO RUSH to buy the stand!
    There's certainly no confusion - I'm only going on what I've read from you and my perception of what I've read. e.g.---> "Believe me, endearing myself to certain people on here is very low on my priorities!"

I hope that's okay!
    It's perfectly ok as far as I'm concerned. However, as a casual observer who has been following the thread, certain of your phraseology [like the one I quoted earlier] has left me unwilling to comment any further with advice.

As I said, best of luck to you.
    Last edited by Shaun; 24-07-2013 at 08:52 PM.

To be truthful, ribbing I can take all day long, it's only when it lapses into sarcasm that it gets a tad boring! On a forum that I own that has just over 7,000 members, we put smilies into posts when it goes a little tongue in cheek, just to let the OP know.

Clearly this thread has now run it's course
    Last edited by Excalibur; 24-07-2013 at 10:31 PM.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries