Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odd music request.

Default Odd music request.

No, not from a client directly, but from me. While adding to my 70's collection for a 50th gig soon, I found that a Mud greatest hits album wasn't on my hard drive. Since all my CDs are not now easily accessible ( Translation: shoved at the back of a shed in boxes) it was easier to invest £3.99 and download an MP3 version. While doing so, I perused the catalogue to see if any interesting tracks weren't on there, and one notable one was missing. I remember it well, for a mate had a copy, and I didn't.

The track in question was L-l-l-l-llucy. ( Note: I don't know how many L's should preceded Lucy, nor whether they're seprated, with or without dashes, commas or whatever. This may be why I can't find it )

Videos are on Youtube, but a search of Amazon, 7digital and iTunes proved fruitless. Can anyone help? Thanks folks.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by djdj View Post
    I don't think that is the right "Mud" it says "Mud, Blood and Beer" as the artist

Blood & Beer was the title of the original Album!!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...0596830&sr=8-3
    Last edited by djdj; 07-06-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spyke View Post
    I don't think that is the right "Mud" it says "Mud, Blood and Beer" as the artist
    Sorry Dave, I've listened to it, and the lad's correct. Wrong song, not enough L's in Lucy!

Ah well, the search continues.

I can remember buying Mud's Greatest Hits on vinyl to use while DJing back in the 70's. That was released on RAK records in 1975. They then moved to Private Stock label and I'm pretty sure that L-L-L-Lucy came out on Private Stock, which is why it isn't on the RAK Greatest Hits.

Strange
    Sorry
    I'll look a bit deeper

Quote Originally Posted by mattydj50 View Post
    I can remember buying Mud's Greatest Hits on vinyl to use while DJing back in the 70's. That was released on RAK records in 1975. They then moved to Private Stock label and I'm pretty sure that L-L-L-Lucy came out on Private Stock, which is why it isn't on the RAK Greatest Hits.
    Correctamundo. That tallies exactly with my ( somewhat unreliable ) memory. Private Stock, that's the label. Good man.
    For our younger readers, perhaps unfamiliar with the era and its "charm" ( by heavens there was some cack released in the 70's. ) here's the song in question. A floor filler in its day.

At least you know how many 'L's now.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Wow!, That brings back memories. I had completely forgotten about 'La,La,La,Lucy'.

In fact I think I still have many of those original picture sleeves (& 7" vinyl discs) kicking around my loft amongst the several thousand other singles from back in the day.

Problem is I don't have anything to play them on now