Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Website logo creator/editor

Default Website logo creator/editor

Hi all I am busy refreshing my basic web site and would like to create a new website logo that could also be used on my stationery .what I want to do is have a play around with various options untill I get something I can either use or then present to a profesional to polish up for me before publishing on line I have looked at Wordpress as one option but want to drag and drop from a saved logo or theme first. Any recommendations for a programe that will do this also I use PC and IPAD so a programe that could work on both would be good.
    Thanks Vince.

Quote Originally Posted by vinamtaylor View Post
    Hi all I am busy refreshing my basic web site and would like to create a new website logo that could also be used on my stationery .what I want to do is have a play around with various options untill I get something I can either use or then present to a profesional to polish up for me before publishing on line I have looked at Wordpress as one option but want to drag and drop from a saved logo or theme first. Any recommendations for a programe that will do this also I use PC and IPAD so a programe that could work on both would be good.
    Thanks Vince.
    Pass on your ideas to a professional and see what they come up with - you may be surprised at what they can come up with.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Pass on your ideas to a professional and see what they come up with - you may be surprised at what they can come up with.
    That is my intention but I want to have a play around with ideas and designs myself first and find office etc too generic for this sort of thing but don't want to buy a full graphic design programme

Give Leap Creative a call. They advertise on here and they don't charge much for logo design.

0161 820 2212
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

Quote Originally Posted by SC Events View Post
    Give Leap Creative a call. They advertise on here and they don't charge much for logo design.

0161 820 2212
    I know there are happy customers of Leap Creative here on the forum, but I think I think in the interest of balance I should point out the thread linked to below to vinamintaylor (as there still appears to be an ongoing issue with one of our members and leapcreative).
    http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...ative-48-press.

I am willing to do the logo for you! Email me with your ideas and I can send you a quote: quotes[at]kalaxhosting.co.uk

Callum

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    It'll save you time and money in the long run. Most companies are very reasonable when it comes to setting up a logo/brand for you as they know it'll lead into more work once you've got it cracked.

I used Callum at http://www.kalaxhosting.co.uk/ to do this back in Nov and he was very quick and very reasonable to boot

Julian

Edit: Beat me to it Callum
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Callum gets my recommendation too.

Thanks for all the advice guys but my op still stands I am looking for a programme that I can use myself to give me some ideas to play around with at my leisure before I ask a pro to polish and tweak it for me. When I have done that then I will go to a professional I like to learn new skills and this is one I have been wanting to try for a while if I give up after trying for my self then so be it but for now I am viewing this as a new project for me.

For Raster based designs (similar to Photoshop) try Gimp. It's free.

Most logo designs are done in vector software (i.e. adobe illustrator and Corel Draw). Unfortunately I don't know any free or low priced ones.

For messing around it's worth giving Gimp a try. I've only briefly used it but it seemed ok.