Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RCF 715 v RCF 425

Thanks Shaun.

I think it is a question of the extra power of the 715's over the extra detail and reach of the 422 or 425. Wish I could afford 722 or 725 but can't 😪

I have a pair of 525's too. I prefer the look of the 715's though.

A friend reckons the Yamaha 15dxr are better than the RCF's. anyone got experience of these?

I looked at a pair of Yamaha DXR15's and a pair of Yamaha DSR115's just this week.

Yes, in my opinion they are better than the RCF's in many respects. Certainly they push out a lot more sound. Honestly, they are one of the loudest cabs I've ever heard in the price range. Astonishing output. The DSR 115's actually made my ears hurt from a distance of about 4 metres such is the top end output. In fact, they are a bit harsh but so are RCF's. They are most certainly crystal clear throughout their range though. The DXR's are a little less capable but still very good.

The bottom end though is what you would expect from a full range speaker i.e. they struggle to replicate lower bass at higher volumes and probably need to be paired with a 15/18inch sub if you want managed bottom end. Using a 192Kb bit rate track in the shop probably didn't help show them to show their best. But if you want a speaker to use without a sub, you should really take a listen because on the whole, the Yammy's are not a bad cab at all

On the down side, they look like a 200 quid speaker, the feel of the DXR's is very poor and looking through the ports on the front, some of the wiring looked a bit untidy. They are made in Indonesia.
    Last edited by paulg; 14-06-2013 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJColsie View Post
    A friend reckons the Yamaha 15dxr are better than the RCF's. anyone got experience of these?
    Only at Coalville. I loved 'em. In my very humble opinion, they were the prettiest and nicest sounding ones there. The EV's of Shaun ( Flatliners ) are very nice, but really need subs. Now don't ask me why this is, because I don't know, but when they're paired with RCF subs, they sound awesome. That's surprising, because I don't usually like the sound of RCF subs.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

So the Yammies are definitely candidates for padded carry bags then!

The Yamaha DXRs are really nice cabs. Another cab id have a listen to as well is the QSC K12 they are very good as well.

Thanks. A lot of people have recommended them but really had a budget of £1500 including travel bags. Don't know if that is possible.

Don't confuse yamaha DXR with the DSR. The DSR (115/215) are very different to the DXR's. As our local pa shop said, "ah, you want hear the DSR - the grown ups cab". You can get a pair as cheap as £1595 so not far over budget.

I was looking at the DXR as I discounted the DSR as too heavy.