Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RCF 715 v RCF 425

Quote Originally Posted by DJColsie View Post
    I was looking at the DXR as I discounted the DSR as too heavy.
    Admittedly, 28kg is quite heavy but with handles on either side it's not such bad lift. That's the price you pay with some of the bigger powered speakers. I lifted them a couple of times and it seemed OK. You can always use your speaker stands to offset some of the lift by laying the speaker on its side and pushing the pole in the hole (as you lift you can transfer some weight via the speaker stands feet)

Had you considered the RCF D-line range; I replaced a pair of QSC K12s with the HD12a and although they are a tad bigger they go a lot louder as the qsc struggled in some of the bigger venues. I pair them with one or two rcf 905 subs.

Quote Originally Posted by paulg View Post
    Admittedly, 28kg is quite heavy but with handles on either side it's not such bad lift. That's the price you pay with some of the bigger powered speakers. I lifted them a couple of times and it seemed OK. You can always use your speaker stands to offset some of the lift by laying the speaker on its side and pushing the pole in the hole (as you lift you can transfer some weight via the speaker stands feet)
    I have a pair of the DSR 115's now. Oddly, 28kg does not seem such a bad lift because the handles are well placed. Don't discount them because of weight because when you test them out in a normal environment instead of a shop where all the other display speakers tend to absorb sound, at under £1600 a pair they might be the best purchase you'll make for a while!

I have a Pair of 725A's never need to use subs now , very pleased with them.
    WOODY

Thanks. A lot of people have recommended them but really had a budget of £1500 including travel bags. Don't know if that is possible.
    Don't know how far it is from Portsmouth to Buckinghamshire, but there's a pair of K12s in the for sale section under that figure.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

A friend reckons the Yamaha 15dxr are better than the RCF's. anyone got experience of these?
    http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...15-Active-Cabs

The plot thickens due to internet misquotes and suddenly the Yamaha's may not be so heavy!!

All retailer websites seem to quote the weight of the RCF ART 425A mk11 as 18.4KG. Which is very light. However, looking at RCF's own website, which you would hope to be accurate, the weight is 26KG, rather heavy!!

So I phoned RCF directly to clarify. Apparently up to a year ago the magnets were neo and the product weighed 18.4KG. The price of making the magnets out of neo shot up to the point where it was prohibative and they switched to using ferrite to keep the price of the speaker the same. They called the ferrite speakers mk11 and they weigh 26KG. All the retailer websites I have looked at quote they are selling mk11 versions with neo magnets and 18.4KG of weight which is not true.

Therefore thinking the Yamaha's DXR with 22KG and 133SPL are the better option. They were made from ferrite all along. Therir more expensive and heavier DSR's use neo!

Warning seems to be, DO NOT TRUST RETAILERS WEBSITES, which do not seem to get updated!!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetie View Post
    Had you considered the RCF D-line range; I replaced a pair of QSC K12s with the HD12a and although they are a tad bigger they go a lot louder as the qsc struggled in some of the bigger venues. I pair them with one or two rcf 905 subs.
    Just read some really good reviews of the RCF HD12A. Seem really good and maybe just what I am looking for.

Where do they sit in the RCF range compared with the 4 and 7 series. From the spec sheets the bass rolls off later than either the 4 or 7's so I presume they sound fuller? Are they RCF's DXR12 equivalent?

Anyone got any thoughts or experience?

Cheers folks

Mackie have also released a new version of their SRM series which might interest you!! Looking at US prices, probably retailing at around £500 quid each.

http://www.mackie.com/products/srm-series-loudspeakers/

Just read some really good reviews of the RCF HD12A. Seem really good and maybe just what I am looking for.

Where do they sit in the RCF range compared with the 4 and 7 series. From the spec sheets the bass rolls off later than either the 4 or 7's so I presume they sound fuller? Are they RCF's DXR12 equivalent?

Anyone got any thoughts or experience?

Cheers folks
    they are my first RCF tops and I replaced the QSC k12s with them. They certainly go louder and sound better when played loud and never seen the limit light yet so they have great headroom.