Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: RCF 715 v RCF 425

At a volume level where a 12" speaker starts to become a bit shrill, an equivalent 15" will still tend to deliver bass. Overall, the effect is of more bass across the speaker's range but not necessarily louder. However, you tend to lose some detail with the 15" equivalent. Not really important for disco but a vocalist might feel the difference. Personally, I think the Yamaha DSR range knocks the spots off RCF (which I used to own) because the detail seems to always be present.

Be nice to have a pair of the DSR112 am sure these would be most active speaker

Quote Originally Posted by paulg View Post
    At a volume level where a 12" speaker starts to become a bit shrill, an equivalent 15" will still tend to deliver bass. Overall, the effect is of more bass across the speaker's range but not necessarily louder. However, you tend to lose some detail with the 15" equivalent. Not really important for disco but a vocalist might feel the difference. Personally, I think the Yamaha DSR range knocks the spots off RCF (which I used to own) because the detail seems to always be present.
    I was looking for something lighter and smaller so my choice is fantastic for me. I discounted the DSR range on weight alone. I considered the DXRs but again they were too heavy.