Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Pan & Tilt Controls

Default Pan & Tilt Controls

I Have 2 moving heads and was wondering can I set them to just focus on the dancefloor area , have tried messing about with the Pan & Tilt controls without much success.
    WOODY

With a DMX controller...yes, you'll be able to point them where you need them. You may even be able to focus them with the controller too, but this will depend whether your moving heads have motorised focus. If not you may need to focus the manually on your movers.
    Last edited by Shaun; 18-06-2013 at 06:30 PM.

I mainly do lighting and use proper lighting desks so of course we're programming everything in so it's really easy for us, but I believe some of the newer movers have built in pan/tilt limit selection, so you can choose to only move through 180 degrees of pan and 90 degrees of tilt etc for exactly the reason you're wanting, but you'll have to refer to the manual for your particular model. There are hundreds of different moving lights on the market! If it's not got the ability to choose movement limits then you'll need DMX control of some sort.

Shaun - by focussing on the dancefloor, he means choosing to point the lights onto the dancefloor rather than up into the rafters, illuminating the fire exit or lighting his own shoes as opposed to varying the focus of gobos etc.
    Last edited by stormproductions; 20-06-2013 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Additional text

Quote Originally Posted by stormproductions View Post
    Shaun - by focussing on the dancefloor, he means choosing to point the lights onto the dancefloor rather than up into the rafters, illuminating the fire exit or lighting his own shoes as opposed to varying the focus of gobos etc.
    Ahhh, I see. I completely misunderstood.