Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
Gotcha

I have my phone on a mount on the screen.

My phone is my Sat Nav, so if I'm following Google Maps home, then I see notifications on screen easily. Google Maps is my preferred option - even for routes I already know as the live traffic updates route me the quickest way to the venue, avoiding any traffic incidents or road closures (helped me avoid an M3 closure I wasn't aware of one night).

Additionally, if I'm not using the Sat Nav, my phone lights up the moment I get a text (screen comes on and shows I have a message). I can then ask Google to read the message to me.

I don't think there's any option for it to override the radio to announce a message - and I think the majority of people wouldn't want that - hence why it doesn't do that (although I can see it would be a useful feature to at least have as an option to turn on).

Hope the above helps - if you don't use Google Maps for your route home, then I highly recommend it, even when you know the route home.
I do exactly the same

I'm not sure Android Auto can kick in over your radio with announcements. If I want to hear stuff over the car audio ('15 Ford Focus) I have to select the phone's Bluetooth as the input. So I'd have to have the radio / music playing from the phone...so I just switch to this if I need to hear anything from the phone.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3263...n-any-car.html