Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I don't use it as a phone very often

A lot like the folk who go to Tesco in their whacking great 4 wheel drives, eh Toby. Used for everything except what it's actually designed for. Give me strength.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post

A lot like the folk who go to Tesco in their whacking great 4 wheel drives, eh Toby. Used for everything except what it's actually designed for. Give me strength.
    Eeeee....and I used to love this when I owned one.

Name:  s-l1000.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  34.3 KB

For the younger viewers - you didn't even have text messaging in those days (and it's not THAT long ago).

My first phone?

Name:  f87d4093399fe014f4782cdc62eb31d4.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  85.3 KB

Didn't even show the number of the incoming call. It just said **CALL**. A battery lasted half a day (some things don't change )...it actually came with a charging cradle and spare battery. And yes....you had to whip the aerial up to actually talk on the thing.

Aw Wayne, I'm misting up here. I fondly remember the excitement I felt the day I got a call and the display showed a number!!

Can't find a number for my first phone, but it did indeed come with a cradle, a dinky battery which lasted an hour or two, and a huge one which doubled the weight of the phone.

Anyway, I have news of my phone problems and the solution. Despite scouring the internet, Google, Youtube, phone shops, phone providers and Uncle Tom Cobleigh and all, it became apparent that there was no way of getting my super de luxe all singing, all dancing Windows10 to work satisfactorily with my handsfree.

So, what to change? The radio in the van cost over £200, a lot of effort and a favour to purchase and fit, so I was loath to look at another radio. I didn't want a Iphone ( nor was I sure it would play nicely anyway ) so Android it was. After three shops, a lot of questions and an agonising choice between £100 of highly rated kit and £50 of stuff I wasn't sure of, cost won.

I came home with a Pixi. No, not a small person with a pointy hat, but a phone with a nice big screen. As long as it lasts eighteen months, that's all I ask, cos then I can upgrade to a Sony or Samsung.

But does it work in the van, I hear you cry? Suffice to say that by the time I left the car park I could call or text contacts in my phone simply by talking to the radio. Success!

eh Toby.
    I own a Zafira and Insignia estate?

The Zafira in many ways takes up less room and is easier to manage as its not as long.
    Its also easier to get out of so you don't have to open the door as much.

Any how i have 2 kids now so can park in the mother and children bays
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I own a Zafira and Insignia estate?

Toby, you
    Allegory. I was comparing Range Rover drivers who don't ever use them off road to you having a phone and not making phone calls, thus completely avoiding using them for their intended purpose.

Any how i have 2 kids now so can park in the mother and children bays
    No you can't. You're a Dad, and thus barred on grounds of gender. ( Although looking at the graphics on the bays, if you were wearing a frock...................................

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Eeeee....and I used to love this when I owned one.

Name:  s-l1000.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  34.3 KB

For the younger viewers - you didn't even have text messaging in those days (and it's not THAT long ago).

My first phone?

Name:  f87d4093399fe014f4782cdc62eb31d4.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  85.3 KB

Didn't even show the number of the incoming call. It just said **CALL**. A battery lasted half a day (some things don't change )...it actually came with a charging cradle and spare battery. And yes....you had to whip the aerial up to actually talk on the thing.
    Here's mine....

Name:  red-phone-box.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  21.2 KB

Ring 16 for Dial-a-disc.

And today's award goes unsurprisingly once again to Microshaft. Good news: I've got a new PC, and I've got email working.

Bad news: With Live mail, I could move emails between Home and Disco folders, and archive them in designated folders.

Can I do it with the W10 edition? No way.

And today's award goes unsurprisingly once again to Microshaft. Good news: I've got a new PC, and I've got email working.

Bad news: With Live mail, I could move emails between Home and Disco folders, and archive them in designated folders.

I, also an ex live mail user had to rethink my mail choice when I upgraded my PC. I think the whole live suite was left behind a few years ago which is a bit of a shame.
    I'm using Gmail mostly now... costs £3 a month for a business account but the spam filtering is excellent! I use Thunderbird for my other 4 emails accounts which has a similar feel to live mail.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

As this thread has re popped up - my current family car. Yes I am one of them now.
    Its not a 4x4 but is rare people carrier 4 wheel drive. Still got the Zafira for me (sold the insignia today).
    Long Whell base, its a bit of a beast, but thanks to four wheel drive and parking sensors, is not too bad in reality.

I have 2 kids now (yes i know!) and the back has tons of room for 2 boys!

Name:  2011-Mercedes-Benz-R-class-626x290.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  48.1 KB
    Last edited by yourdj; 26-11-2017 at 06:27 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Win10 comes with Windows Mail and, despite your post, you can create folders and move mail between them. To do this, simply click on "More" at the bottom of the left hand menu (under the Folders section). At the top of the new screen, it will say "All Folders" followed by "+". Click the "+" and it will allow you to create a new folder of your choice. Then, go to the email you want to move, right-click it and select "Move". You can then choose your new folder and this will move your email across.

I'm thinking I've missed something here as the solution is really quite simple and I would have thought you'd have sussed it out, Peter. Maybe I've misunderstood and you're trying to do something different, I'm not sure. Anyway, for a better, more feature-packed email client, you could always just download the free Thunderbird. It's the best email client that I've used for years now.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!