Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite band or singer you've seen live

Default Your favorite band or singer you've seen live

I went to see Frankie Valli & ( The Four Seasons ) at the Royal Albert Hall this week and I have to say he was great I was a bit worried that at 79 he would have lost it but no he still has that voice, probably the most enjoyable concert I've been to.

I don't go to that many concerts but I do remember many years ago going to see a group called The Enid that was a great night.

Couple of years ago, went to see Rod Stewart, in Brum. I was worried that he'd be doing "The great American Songbook" and generally freewheeling. Not a bit of it. All back catalogue, performed with energy and gusto, on a sweltering night. Fabulous.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Deacon Blue.

I was a huge fan back in the 80s, but only got to see them live last year. They surpassed all expectation.

Peter & Shaun

That's exactly the kind of replies I was hoping for when I posted this thread

Radiohead - astoundingly good. Morrissey as well.

Biggest disappointment were The Chemical Brothers, as everything they 'played' was almost identical to the studio versions.

I've been a fan of live music since the late 60's, and during that time have been to dozens, if not hundreds of live gigs. It's impossible to single out just one performance, but if offered a seat in a time machine, to revisit just one gig, it would have to be to the Fleetwood Mac gig at the Pavilion Matlock bath way back in 68 (Peter Green years) when they were a real Rock/Blues band, awesome night. Another gig I'll remember for ever was the Eric Bell Band performing live at a tiny local venue. If you're not familiar with the name Eric Bell, he was the original Thin Lizzy guitarist of Whiskey in the Jar fame, the guy has a talent approaching that of Hendrix himself Eric Bell and Gary Moore - Tribute to Phil Lynott
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Springsteen in London last year. I've seen him 4 times and they've all been amazing but he was incredible that night. plus I managed to leave and miss Paul McCartney so bonus

Special appreciation also goes to Ray Davies the 1st time I seen him (seen him again last year and he was a shadow of that original show and really looking and sounding old )

Also Roger Waters. Seen him do the Wall a couple of years back and I'm seeing him doing it again at Wembley in September. If anyone is going to knock Bruce of my top spot it'll be this one.

Has to be a toss up between Chaka Khan and Jean Carne. Both fantastic singers but I preferred the intimacy of the Jazz Cafe with Jean to the expanse of Hammersmith Appolo.

The Cure at Hammersmith Odeon back in the day.
    Nine Inch Nails at Brixton Academy a few years back.
    Depeche Mode at the O2.
    Gary Numan at Wembley Arena in 1981.

When I worked in Reading a few years back I knew a guy who ran an independent record store and he was able to get tickets for upcoming secret gigs (usually when bands were warming up for festivals etc..). These gigs were mainly in Windsor at a venue called The Old Trout. It was a small capacity venue and I saw the likes of Pearl Jam, Radiohead and Faith No More there and every gig was amazing.

For me I think it would be
    1: UK Subs
    2: UB40 (twice)
    3: Not so much a band but he did sing a lot, Kevin Bloody Wilson.