Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many lights?

Three 1x EFX600 and 2x Colour changers on the ceiling.

Thats a small room! x2 par 56 LED and probably a magic gobo would do the job
    Maidstone Based Professional Disco
    www.lasersounds.co.uk

I'd imagine one or two lighting fixtures would suffice, but would need to know what type of gig it is to give any sort of answer. All of the above answers could be wrong!

OK let's add some more i nfo into the mix.

It's a pub gig.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    OK let's add some more i nfo into the mix.

It's a pub gig.
    What difference does that make? Is 8-10 ft wide by 20ish ft long a different size in a pub?

Quote Originally Posted by paulg View Post
    What difference does that make? Is 8-10 ft wide by 20ish ft long a different size in a pub?
    The difference is in the audience. You wouldn't take the same lighting to a 21st as you would a wedding, for example, would you?

In answer to the question, well, that's about the size of my living room, so I'd be happy to take a single Revo Burst. I would have something else there as backup though.

I'd go for 3 uplighters behind me and one energetic "disco light" (equinox triclops would be my choice).

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

I was in a pub last night for a surprise 21st booked by the landlady. I had a 2m x 1m white starcloth wrapped around the deck on the stand and a pair of tripods with 1.5m triangular bar across with a pair of Martin Acrobats controlled by MC1 and an ADJ mega tripar sound to light in the centre lighting the ceiling.
    21st birthday girl said it was great together with the almost constant mixing of music tracks from 90's to date.

Plenty of light as the Acrobats are all round effect with multi gobos and colours.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerFunk View Post
    The difference is in the audience. You wouldn't take the same lighting to a 21st as you would a wedding, for example, would you?

In answer to the question, well, that's about the size of my living room, so I'd be happy to take a single Revo Burst. I would have something else there as backup though.
    Eh? Personally, I go with wizards and DMX them accordingly - older end do's - slower panning settings. Younger end - faster pan / rotation. Although they have been on the market for years now, there is nothing to top the flexibility of the wizard. For a room of the size quouted, 1 high monted wizard along with a couple of uplighters would be adequate for any occasion .
    Last edited by paulg; 01-07-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Are there a lot of pubs around your way with high ceilings then Paul?
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries