Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many lights?

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Are there a lot of pubs around your way with high ceilings then Paul?
    Ah, so it's a pub with a low ceiling. You should have said so.

Not that I do many little pubs but of the ones where I might have a pint, some have low ceilings and some have high ones and some are just right. A room is a room.

OK, time to reveal all.

It's a room that I have done gigs in literally hundreds of times. The vast majority of which have been with one light (Acme Hallucination) or 2 / 3 DMX controlled (a par & an Acme InvincibLED (x2 on special occasions) ) on my uprights / cross bar, sometimes with a tiny bit of haze other than my e-cigs. Darren, Ian(8Limelight) Charlie (Brown), Jason & Lee have all been in the room concerned, everyone except Darren when we've had one of our rigs in opperation & will know than anything more is really overkill.

I had cause to be there socially the other week & I actually felt nauseous when I turned the corner into the area concerned. I was assaulted with a barrage of dots from various (at least 5 or 6) LED fixtures all doing their own sound to light thing, a par & small cluster laser. None of these were on stands. Some were on the floor others on various shelves (that they didn't quite fit on) around the room. As you can imagine, nothing was secured to anything, as there was no means to do so.

Thing is he was an OK DJ, although there wasn't much dancing (possibly down to the fact that nobody wanted to stay in the dancefloor area for longer than they had to for fear of having a fit, or possibly down to the fact he wasn't playing the sort of stuff that has traditionally gone down well at that venue), but somebody really needs a word with him about the lights.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries