Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do we really believe our own hype?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Recently, I have been reading on the web disco/event/entertainment company taglines which say things like "making dreams come true" and "Making your wedding unforgettable" .
    Is this really the case?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    The only unforgettable weddings I've attended (as a guest) were not as a result of the music or DJ, but with the antics of the wedding party and some of the guests, alcohol and fisticuffs being high on the lists.
    I don't think that we have the power or means to make a day "unforgettable" in a good way, We do however have the potential to ruin the final part of it, ( amp blew with no backup, played thrash metal all night, etc etc. ) The best we can hope for is to be a major part in making the whole day an enjoyable experience for as many people as possible.
    So, to answer your question, Darren: No, I don't believe the hype you've quoted. It is just that, hype.

Quote Originally Posted by DJIanScott View Post
    we are just mobile DJs, nothing more. Certainly no more important to a venue than the hard-working bar and catering staff who get paid a pittance in comparison for being run off their feet all night......
    No. We are more. ( Brace yourself Ian, you've given me the chance to re-open a can of worms particularly close to me heart. ) We are Entertainers.
    Get it wrong, and half the guests go home in the first hour. Get it right, and they stay to the bitter end, and give you a round of applause. If the bar staff are slow serving a pint, it's not as much of an issue as a crap disco.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Elite DJ

elite  
    Elite Definition
    Dictionary.com

e·lite [ih-leet, ey-leet]
    noun
    ( often used with a plural verb ) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.
    ( used with a plural verb ) persons of the highest class: Only the elite were there.
    a group of persons exercising the major share of authority or influence within a larger group: the power elite of a major political party.
    a type, approximately 10-point in printing-type size, widely used in typewriters and having 12 characters to the inch. Compare pica1 .
    adjective
    representing the most choice or select; best: an elite group of authors.

YES!! I believe my own hype.
    After due consideration of all possible replies, the humorous opportunities, and the potential for swift and severe retribution, I feel I can best answer Shaun thus:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

words like " unforgettable" could back fire , the B&G will remember the blown amp , wrong first dance etc , as well as a great night , I agree with the "Your day your way " statement , I use that , because that is the way it is.
    However , trawling the net , like you do , there are some sites that are made of pure , but , do the clients realize that , of are they sucked in by the claims.
    Is there not laws covering false claims that now include web sites ?

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    " Your music will be played by a miserable, tired, white haired old git, struggling to come to terms with technology and what passes for modern music"
    Nope, think I'm safe from accusations of false advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post

Daryll
    Laws most certainly exist i.e. the advertising standards regulations, The trouble is, no one seems to be interested in enforcing them, especially at the level of the market mobile discos exist in, they are more interested in policing the big boys, Tesco, Sainsbury's etc. Just as well for some folk
    Last edited by Pe7e; 03-07-2013 at 04:54 PM.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

I believe my own hype, coz I'm amazing!!
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Off topic, but I have come across 3 companies that use Premier wedding disco/DJ in the last couple of days on Facebook and they are all regular members on here!
    YooHoo
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    I believe my own hype, coz I'm amazing!!
    Well you never cease to amaze me.

Quote Originally Posted by itruby View Post
    I think "Your day, your way" is fast becoming a very popular term on many a site....
    It may well be. But I came up with the tagline when my ex was in hospital after our daughter was born. And she's 7 later this year!!! So I'm hardly jumping on any bandwagon!!

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    Clever - no one could accuse you of not delivering 'Fantabulousness' in a court of law!

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    YooHoo
    I remember when I found that Chris was using the name Premier Wedding DJ and I decided to give him a call to discuss the situation with him. I was half expecting him to tell me to sod off and that I couldn't go ahead with the Premier Wedding Disco brand as it was too similar to his (I'd put a lot of work in to the planning and background at this stage so I'd have been gutted - but I would have rejigged my plans). But I couldn't have been more wrong. Chris was very encouraging of it and told me to go for it. He was one of the nicest guys I'd ever spoken business with (and still is!!).

Now I just need to find my enthusiasm for the business again and actually get out there and make it work!!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

I'm with Public Enemy on this one!

I tend to let my testimonials do all the hype.
    by saying, "Catherine said - 'If all DJs were as good as him, all parties would be awesome!'". The fact; I'm the best DJ the world will ever see - gets across in a way which seems less bigheaded!

I'm not really sure what goes through people's heads when they write "The best DJ in MY TOWN", this sort of advertising screams out unprofessionalism to me.
    Things like - http://www.the-wedding-industry-awards.co.uk/ are a good idea, even if I don't agree with how they determine the "Best Wedding DJ" (having to pay to enter for a start) at least it's an award and not something somebody plucked out of there .

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD