Well, thanks everyone!

I've been looking around at the various new options that have appeared on the forum for me and I can see there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes to keep the forum running smoothly. Like most members here, I'd guess, I thought that everyone just largely plays by the rules and posts things that are sensible, friendly and won't get the forum owners in to trouble. However, I can now see that this is not always the case!! Quite a lot of work, discussion and decision-taking goes on behind closed doors and some big decisions have to be taken in the best interests of the forum. But decisions don't scare me. I recently decided to apply for voluntary redundancy from my day job (again!) and I should hear in a couple of weeks whether or not I've still got a job and regular income. So I'm taking a lot of big decisions right now!!

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
How weird I was reading some posts from Dazzy the other day and thought to myself Dazzy should be a moderator.
Funny that. I can honestly say me being a moderator here has never crossed my mind before. When I got a PM asking if I'd be interested it was a big surprise. But I've been here quite a while and the chance to get more involved was just one that shouldn't be missed. So here I am!