Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Cortex music database creator

Default Cortex music database creator

help please!
    Does anyone know how I can get a copy of the software for the cortex hdc3000? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by safdiscos View Post
    help please!
    Does anyone know how I can get a copy of the software for the cortex hdc3000? thanks
    This may help.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Thanks
    I just tracked down the info i needed, I just had a mild to moderate panic, that I'd got a controller which would be rather less useful then I expected it could be. do you still use a cortex?

Quote Originally Posted by safdiscos View Post
    Thanks
    I just tracked down the info i needed, I just had a mild to moderate panic, that I'd got a controller which would be rather less useful then I expected it could be. do you still use a cortex?
    I still possess three. One was acquired as non functional, and still is. Software issues, apparently. Must send it off to be mended sometime.

The two others are cased, one with a DDS drive as a CD playout when needed. I haven't actually wired that case up yet, must get round to it.
    The other one is cased with a mixer in a gator case, and is used when small space/faster rig is needed. It went on a boat with me last Saturday, and was cued up ready, but not used, as it wasn't needed.

I'm really laptop based, but I honestly don't know where I'm going. A possible new purchase may or may not determine my next course of action.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I haven't totally embraced the laptops yet, I had a nightmare with one last year and it's still fresh in my mind. I can see the benefits of them though obviously, one thing I did wonder about, and I think its been mentioned on here before, is how visibly impressive a laptop is to our customers, the numark DDS I've been using for a multi op is all flightcased and looks really smart, and gets plenty of comments from people.. weird as in reality a laptop would probably be better...