Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: EV ZXA 12" Subs

Default EV ZXA 12" Subs

Considering a pair of these instead of my existing SRM1801, for logistical reasons. Will be run alongside my Mackie 450v2s.

Anyone used/heard a pair? Have any opinions about them?

Many Thanks

I have a pair and I am very happy with them you don't get the thumping bass you get with bigger subs but I find they give a nice deeper bass to your overall sound and only 20kgs so nice and light

Quote Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
    I have a pair and I am very happy with them you don't get the thumping bass you get with bigger subs but I find they give a nice deeper bass to your overall sound and only 20kgs so nice and light
    Thanks Andy.

Can you cope with a variety of venue sizes with that system? Majority of my work is Weddings and small corporates, with audience sizes no greater than 200people...would a pair of these cope and give enough?

I have them paired with 2 ELX112p, not had them long biggest gig so far was school prom with about 250 young things and they performed very well with plenty in reserve if I needed it I was more than happy and so were the clients. I had a smaller gig the next day in an Italian restaurant with limited space and only used one sub and hid it under the deck stand got lots of comments about how nice the music sounded, although sometimes they can be a bit boomy but this can be controlled by backing off the bass on the mixer (normally run at 0db).

I have them paired with 2 ELX112p, not had them long biggest gig so far was school prom with about 250 young things and they performed very well with plenty in reserve if I needed it I was more than happy and so were the clients. I had a smaller gig the next day in an Italian restaurant with limited space and only used one sub and hid it under the deck stand got lots of comments about how nice the music sounded, although sometimes they can be a bit boomy but this can be controlled by backing off the bass on the mixer (normally run at 0db).
    Hmmm...that does sound good, cheers for the info Andy, really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Hmmm...that does sound good, cheers for the info Andy, really appreciate it.
    I know a sound technician who uses them. He says they give a very clean tight punchy sound, very tunefull and good quality but don't rumble like a 15 or 18.

Are these still tight bass for 12"?

so tempted to get a pair or one with my RCF?

Wonder if the rcf 408 & zxa12 sub be really nice sound??

Jesus these do sound good! 250

so if i add these to my rcf i will get a decent light sound system
    Last edited by DazzyD; 14-02-2014 at 06:47 AM.