Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Lex Triled lights, dmx help.

Hybrid View

Default Lex Triled lights, dmx help.

Sound4Sound has a very light basic rig that we use for budget party's, kids discos etc. easy fast set up and dress down.

We use 4 Trilex and a laser, does anyone know how to dmx the 4 together in sound to light ? I've tried lex but they are as good as chocolate building bricks.

many thanks in advance

Graeme

Right, now I'm not totally sure about this. First up, am I correct that you use FOUR of these lights together? Seems a lot like overkill to me, I'd have said a pair would be sufficient.

Right, I've had a look at the manual ( for what use it is. Should be a link at the end ) You're asking how to DMX four together sound to light. I'm guessing that you actually want to link four, one master, three slaves, rather than control them by DMX.

On the first unit, put dipswitch 9 on, rest off. This one will now run sound to light. Daisy chain the rest with DMX cables. Now here's the bit I'm guessing about. I think you need to set the slaves with only dip 10 on. If that doesn't work, try turning dip 1 on also.

Running them all via DMX? I'm struggling here. Partly because the blighters use 8 channels, not 7. If you want to run them DMX from a controller, join them all up, switch dips 1 and 10 on on each unit. Push the faders up and down, see what happens. Software controllers, I've no idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I would agree that 4 is to much, however we have 4 of them and they get used in daylight not the dark, as mainly for kids afternoon partys.

I'll try that out later and see if it works

Many thanks
    Graeme

Hmmmmm. LED lights not bright enough,eh? We know at least two solutions to that, don't we children?
    No matter how light these Trilex are, hanging four of 'em off a stand seems longwinded at best. Either two halogen units or if weight is an issue 50w LED fixtures would seem to have a lot to commend it.

Apologies for the thread resurrection however I find myself searching google asking the same question.

I'm now in possession of two of these units, attempting to run a master one on sound to light, with the second running as a slave to the first.

I've tried the suggested switching on ten alone which didn't work, likewise dropping switch 1 with ten didn't have the desired outcome either.

Was a solution to this ever found?

Quote Originally Posted by ALY77 View Post
    Apologies for the thread resurrection however I find myself searching google asking the same question.

I'm now in possession of two of these units, attempting to run a master one on sound to light, with the second running as a slave to the first.

I've tried the suggested switching on ten alone which didn't work, likewise dropping switch 1 with ten didn't have the desired outcome either.

Was a solution to this ever found?
    Hello Alastair.
    I've reread the manual, and I'm not sure that they will run Master/Slave. Try setting the first one with all switches off, which will run in Autoplay. The second one should be switch 10 on ( and possibly 1 as well. Try both options. )

If that doesn't work, you need an 8 channel DMX controller, set switches 1 and 10 on on fixture 1, and 1,5 and 10 on fixture 2. Hope that helps.