Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dj having an open night, that's different! - Updated

Default Dj having an open night, that's different! - Updated

Picked this up on one of the FB groups I'm on. Interesting concept but can't see it working myself. Names etc have been removed by me!

"Blah Blah Events are holding an open house on Wednesday 24/07/13 during which couples / brides to be, are more than welcome to meet me in person, get a demo of the equipment / set up etc.

If you are planning to get married within the next 24 months, why not call and book an appointment on 07941****? No pressure selling, just feel free to come have a look at the set up, level of professional equipment and a very friendly unrushed chat during which I would be more than happy to offer as much advice as you want, whether or not you have a wedding DJ booked.

Please feel free to phone on 07941**** and book your slot as this is a by appointment only event.

Hope to be able to meet many of you, good luck to all couples planning their big day."

Unless said Dj has a massive house where he's able to set up full rig etc I can't see B&G's popping around your house, maybe I'm wrong?
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    Picked this up on one of the FB groups I'm on. Interesting concept but can't see it working myself. Names etc have been removed by me!

"Blah Blah Events are holding an open house on Wednesday 24/07/13 during which couples / brides to be, are more than welcome to meet me in person, get a demo of the equipment / set up etc.

If you are planning to get married within the next 24 months, why not call and book an appointment on 07941****? No pressure selling, just feel free to come have a look at the set up, level of professional equipment and a very friendly unrushed chat during which I would be more than happy to offer as much advice as you want, whether or not you have a wedding DJ booked.

Please feel free to phone on 07941**** and book your slot as this is a by appointment only event.

Hope to be able to meet many of you, good luck to all couples planning their big day."

Unless said Dj has a massive house where he's able to set up full rig etc I can't see B&G's popping around your house, maybe I'm wrong?
    I take it he hasn't booked a wedding venue for this?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
    I take it he hasn't booked a wedding venue for this?
    No, it's happening at his house.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

I know that Jon Saunders sets kit up at his house and invites clients round.

Not my idea of fun though...

Myself and another local wedding DJ had spoke about doing something in town where we could invite prospective clients. There'd even been talk of having a silent disco so we could both be set up and playing at the same time and every one could experience us both.

Ultimately I think the work and risk involved wasn't worth the reward and I felt the big stumbling block would be to get people to actually turn up.

When making any sort of marketing or business decision, I try to look at things from the client / target audience point of view: Will it attract them, does it make sense to do this, is it something they'll respond to positively.

Having your gear set up in your house does not tick any of those boxes. In fact if I was looking into getting a DJ and he offered something like this in his house I'd think he was a bit of a nutter / amateur and look elsewhere.

I don't think advertising it as an 'open house' event necessarily means he is planning to host it in his actual house, unless of course he has stated different. I don't see how he could run such an event successfully from home, unless, as you have already said, he lives in a country house. Personally I think it could work, if done well, and overheads are kept to a bare minimum.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

It sounds a bit like a waste of time to me personally.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

A bride reading that may not have the time or inclination to go along (perhaps no one will) - but they now know there's a DJ who is open to people coming to see him and his set-up, that creates a warm fuzzy feeling in itself. And as they think others will be going (they're not as cynical as us) then they may feel getting a quote sooner rather than later is a good idea, he mentioned getting married in the next 24 months so that could get the planners thinking of DJ's earlier in the process.

Look beyond 'will anybody actually go'........

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    A bride reading that may not have the time or inclination to go along (perhaps no one will) - but they now know there's a DJ who is open to people coming to see him and his set-up, that creates a warm fuzzy feeling in itself. And as they think others will be going (they're not as cynical as us) then they may feel getting a quote sooner rather than later is a good idea, he mentioned getting married in the next 24 months so that could get the planners thinking of DJ's earlier in the process.

Look beyond 'will anybody actually go'........
    I think there's even less a chance of people thinking "damn I must book this guy (or any other DJ) quick / start thinking about my entertainment" as a result of this kind of thing.

I'm all for trying new things and all the best to them but if it literally is an open house or a DJ set up down their local one Monday night, I really don't think it's going to have the desired effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    I think there's even less a chance of people thinking "damn I must book this guy (or any other DJ) quick / start thinking about my entertainment" as a result of this kind of thing.
    Probably not, but he has virtually nothing to lose, and everything to gain. While the idea may be curious, it has potential. The first aspect that struck me was that couples were guaranteed personal time to chat, and no other suppliers were there to distract them from the job in hand. At a wedding fayre ( fair? ) the bride may possibly be mulling over in her mind which flower decoration and chair covers will work best, and simply take a leaflet from the DJ, giving it barely a moment's thought.

This way, they're concentrating on one thing only, and it's a splendid opportunity to explain why he's ( we are ) worth more than the glass of bucks fizz given to each guest as they arrive. He may not win with this idea, but he can't lose.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk