Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: [SOLD] Bose Sound System

Default [SOLD] Bose Sound System

I am selling my Bose L1 Model 2 sound system.

It consists of the following:

1 x Bose L1 model 2 speaker with base (power supply)

2 x Bose B1 base units

1 x Bose T1 (Tonematch)

All in perfect working order supplied with necessary cables.

Price £1800 or seriously close offer.

Would suggest picking it up, when of course you can listen to this superb piece of kit.

would this really replace my 15" speakers and the 15" subs ? I'm tempted

give me the pros and cons

WOW! Now there's a question. Not an easy one to answer but I'll give it a go

I would say it depends on the types of gigs you do. If you are doing drum and base, and 'high octane' music then possibly not.

However, if I tell you what I used it for it might give you a better idea and for me it was perfect.

I predominately used it for football clubs, rugby clubs, social clubs, pubs, halls, weddings, hotels, marquees etc. I used it for audiences ranging from 20 - 200 with no problem. I once had to hire an extra L1 plus 2 base bins but that was for a big sports hall for an audience of about 300, The Bohemians a Queen tribute band were on and I definitely needed the extra output. It cost me £100 to hire one, which was of course passed on to the client.

I think only once did I push it to the max and that was in a very large marquee with about 200 guests (very upmarket wedding), the sound could still be heard at the far end and the dance floor was busy all night so it went well.

I can't speak highly enough of the system, simple and quick to set up and pack down. When I did the gig for 300 with the Queen tribute band using two L1s I could get everything including lighting in an estate car.

The sound is stunning, there is plenty of base, despite a lot of rubbish spread that Bose has no base, trust me on many occasions I was asked to turn the base down!

The beauty about the sound is that it travels so well, I've noticed guests sat at tables about 10 -15 feet away chatting away while others are dancing to very loud music.

I had Cerwin Vegas and Mackies before Bose and I can say hand on heart not once was I complemented on the quality of sound, however with the Bose I reckon I would get somebody praise my sound quality every two or three gigs. It really was noticeable and of course it is good aesthetically for hotels and upmarket events.

I used it for children's parties, 18ths, 21sts, 70ths, retirement dos, weddings, sports events, school sports days, engagements, funeral wake, pretty much anything and everything.

So, back to your question, it will perform perfectly for you if you do the range of parties I did, it will be no good for you, if you do predominately do parties of 200 plus and drum and base parties.

I hope that answers your question, there are plenty of examples of the L1 in use on You Tube.

Anything else you need to know then please ask away.

Cheers

Simon.

NOW SOLD.