Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever forgot to pack an important piece of equipment

Default Have you ever forgot to pack an important piece of equipment

It happened to me at tonight's wedding. I was unloading my van and taking the gear in to the venue to set up, when I noticed that my upright poles for the lighting were missing.

Luckily I had my martin efx 600s scanners, so with them being barrel scanners I was able to set them on 2 tables one either side of me, they still managed to fill the room with colourful beams.

I hope this Never happens again again

Default Yes

Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster mobile disco View Post
    It happened to me at tonight's wedding. I was unloading my van and taking the gear in to the venue to set up, when I noticed that my upright poles for the lighting were missing.

Luckily I had my martin efx 600s scanners, so with them being barrel scanners I was able to set them on 2 tables one either side of me, they still managed to fill the room with colourful beams.

I hope this Never happens again again
    I forgot headphones once.... I now carry 2 spares.

Lee
    Lee Live: Wedding DJ
    http://www.djLeeLive.com/

My speaker (no idea how). I had the small bak up ones though.

Luckily it was an early set up so I went back home and had some dinner and came back with them.

The main thing is the sodding laptop charger for club gigs. i always have one in the glove box now.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Recently I've only made two errors along these lines... About a year ago I forgot the laptop charger for a walk up club gig but luckily my wife drove it out to me.

Back in April I forgot both of the bags I use to carry leads so I had no power or signal cables of any kind when I turned up at the kids party. Luckily I had time to spare so I set everything up and then drove home, got the bags and drove back again and had everything up and running with a few mins to spare before the official start time.

I'm sure I forgot my uprights as well when I first started out. I also remember a time when I left my starcloth at a venue and didn't realise it was missing I had got to the next party a week later (and driven home and turned the house upside down). On this occasion I played sans starcloth (on a stage) and felt rather exposed. I forgot the cloth for a 80th last year as well, but on this occasion I borrowed a couple of spare table cloths from the venue and discretely used some duct tape and got quite a few comments about how good my white cloth looked

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

I managed to goto a karaoke gig without a hdmi cable last year. I keep the tv and its cable in a case, but for some reason id taken the tv out the case, and just lifted it when I loaded the car. Luckly it wasn't far, so I had plenty time just to nip back home.

I keep all the gear in one place at home, so tend to notice if ive not loaded something into the car before I leave.
    Dave
    DSF Mobile Discos
    www.dsfdiscos.co.uk

Forgot my headphones and good camera last night...and doing a wedding in a really great venue in London too, so could have got some great website shots. Managed to get by for half the night on my half working old headphones before they died properly, then 'read' the remaining beats for the night. You may have heard the groan I did when I realised my error in the drive there. It was pretty loud. Followed by a big swear.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    I also remember a time when I left my starcloth at a venue and didn't realise it was missing I had got to the next party a week later (and driven home and turned the house upside down).
    Julian

Yes I have also done that before
    Last edited by Excalibur; 21-07-2013 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Fixed quote

No......never........
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

I once forgot the cover for my deckstand, I only noticed when I reached the venue....about 80 miles from home. Luckily I had a spare ultimax with it's cover in the van, so a quick change over and problem averted.

Also forgot headphones once. I plugged the spare mic into the headphone socket and used that for any vital cueing. I had to duck down out of sight through as folk would have thought I was a right nutter putting the mic to my ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    as folk would have thought I was a right nutter putting the mic to my ear.
    With good reason. At BPM, you once set off in search of an "in-ear microphone", if I remember correctly. Initial searches haven't turned it up yet, but I'm still looking.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk