Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Emails

Default Emails

How long do you expect people to answer your emails in?

I have had several sets of circumstances where I want to book a service or an item and have emailed people, only to have to mail them back again a few days later to see if they got my email as I have had no response. This is not about phone calls, so please don't recommend calling, I just want to find out what other people think.

This is not about how quickly you answer emails, but about the time period you expect/hope yours to be answered in.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post

I have had several sets of circumstances where I want to book a service or an item and have emailed people, only to have to mail them back again a few days later to see if they got my email as I have had no response. This is not about phone calls, so please don't recommend calling, I just want to find out what other people think.

This is not about how quickly you answer emails, but about the time period you expect/hope yours to be answered in.
    I think 48hours is reasonable response time. You would think that, in most cases, someone who actively contacted you requiring an emailed response, would check back on their email within that time.

I am also thinking that people would be rushing to respond because of the recession...

Similar to Ryan, I hope for a very quick response and it gives me more confidence that they're on top of things, but if I don't hear anything after a couple of days, I start to lose confidence rapidly in their reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post

I'd expect an answer within 24 hours - that's more than enough time to at least acknowledge it's receipt so you know it's being dealt with.

24 hours is ideal, 48 hours acceptable.
    Whilst "the sooner the better" is true, I dont believe that the folk who say "I reply to all mails within 2 hours" necessarilly offer a better service- they just reply to mails quicker.

I would say within in an hour in normal work hours (9til5) but if I emailed outside of that I would expect a reply the next day before midday.
    long live lightboxes..........lots of em!!!

24 hours. perhaps longer depending on the company as they may be busy or not a tech savvy.
    An IT company I would expect it quicker than a builder for example.

such as emailing a DJ business on a Friday night. I often don't get back to them for 48 hours if I have a busy weekend
    Clients are free when we are working unfortunately. Having said that i am working now, but everyone is in the grounds!!
    i tier emails in importance with enquiries or very close dates (such as the week after) up top.
    Well complaints would be up top but we never get any LOL.

- I know what the next post from Darren will say
    Last edited by yourdj; 26-07-2013 at 09:06 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I think in this day and age, 24 hours (Mon-Fri). A professional company will acknowledge receipt too, indicating the response time at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Javlingames View Post
    I would say within in an hour in normal work hours (9til5) but if I emailed outside of that I would expect a reply the next day before midday.
    If you sent it outside working hours why would you not expect a reply by 10am if you would expect a reply within an hour during working hours?