Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Emails

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Are you serious? So, any person/company who doesn't respond within your mandatory 1 hour time frame is unprofessional?

Supposing the person you're emailing is in a meeting? Lunch break anyone? In an ideal world, yes, we'd all love to get replies immediately, but one hour is such a ludicrously short time-frame it just looks like you've posted it to try and get a reaction.

In the real world, I doubt there's a business in existence that replies to every email within an hour... unless, of course, we're just talking about an automated response.

Out of curiosity, how quickly would you expect a reply to a written letter?
    I somehow missed the smiley off my last comment....

I expect e-mail's during office hours to be responded to within an hour but im not distraught if they are not. It just tells me I am dealing with someone on the ball who is efficient. There is no excuse these days for not responding quickly as people now have their emails sent to their phones etc so technology enables us to be contactable at any time. If a company took 2 days to respond to my email, I would shop or seek service elsewhere.

With regards to a written letter, ive not given it much thought, I have not written a letter in years.
    long live lightboxes..........lots of em!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Javlingames View Post
    I somehow missed the smiley off my last comment....

I expect e-mail's during office hours to be responded to within an hour but im not distraught if they are not. It just tells me I am dealing with someone on the ball who is efficient. There is no excuse these days for not responding quickly as people now have their emails sent to their phones etc so technology enables us to be contactable at any time. If a company took 2 days to respond to my email, I would shop or seek service elsewhere.

With regards to a written letter, ive not given it much thought, I have not written a letter in years.
    You see, I would see this quite different. If it's a small family business, for example, I'd wonder why they are able to respond so quickly. Maybe they are not getting enough work in and that would make me wonder why? Are customers avoiding them due to there being service quality issues? If they are sitting around checking their emails all day then they clearly aren't working!! Obviously, this is small businesses. Large companies I'd expect to dedicate more to customer services but I still would be more realistic with response time frames.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    If they are sitting around checking their emails all day then they clearly aren't working!!
    My opinion is these sort of comments are rubbish, you're more likely to be annoyed at the slow email response than you are at suspiciously quick email response times.
    When you book a DJ would you ask them "how many booking have you got this month?" and then gauge if you want them or not based on their response?

If anything I don't like busy businesses, unless its my own

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

You see, I would see this quite different. If it's a small family business, for example, I'd wonder why they are able to respond so quickly. Maybe they are not getting enough work in and that would make me wonder why? Are customers avoiding them due to there being service quality issues? If they are sitting around checking their emails all day then they clearly aren't working!! Obviously, this is small businesses. Large companies I'd expect to dedicate more to customer services but I still would be more realistic with response time frames.
    I understand what your saying but its a little cynical. It is possible to be efficient in customer service AND provide a good service.

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    My opinion is these sort of comments are rubbish, you're more likely to be annoyed at the slow email response than you are at suspiciously quick email response times.
    When you book a DJ would you ask them "how many booking have you got this month?" and then gauge if you want them or not based on their response?

If anything I don't like busy businesses, unless its my own
    I stand by comments. I wouldn't get annoyed at slow email response times. If speed was an important factor then I would have used the telephone instead. I said it before and I'll say it again - I don't class email as a 100% successful method of communication largely because it isn't!!

Quote Originally Posted by Javlingames View Post
    I understand what your saying but its a little cynical. It is possible to be efficient in customer service AND provide a good service.
    I work in Benefits, mate! I'm more than a little cynical of everything!!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

I stand by comments. I wouldn't get annoyed at slow email response times. If speed was an important factor then I would have used the telephone instead. I said it before and I'll say it again - I don't class email as a 100% successful method of communication largely because it isn't!!

I work in Benefits, mate! I'm more than a little cynical of everything!!
    Haha fair enough