Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strangest reason to change the song!

Default Strangest reason to change the song!

Had a Wedding last night at one of my usual venues and I thought I should share with you the strangest reason I've ever been asked to change the song that was playing.

Approximately 1030pm I was playing Snap "Rhythm is a dancer" and one of the Bridesmaids came over and asked if I could turn this one off. There was a few up dancing so I asked her why as some of the guests were up dancing.

The reply........

"This was the song I was conceived to!"

Her parents were sat not to far away and were wetting themselves laughing as they (Obviously) knew what she was asking. I did get on the mic and point out that that I'd never been asked to change a track for that reason!

Couldn't resist aswell making a quick jibe about the song lasting nearly 4 minutes so must have been a great night. I did however resist mentioning So solid Crew 21 seconds

Anyone else had a strange "change it" request?
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

That's classic.

Did you ask her where it was being played at the time? Could have led to some even more embarrassing stories...

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    Did you ask her where it was being played at the time? Could have led to some even more embarrassing stories...
    The poor lass was suitably traumatised as it was without asking that!
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

I've just had visions of some horrible happenings in an squalid early 90s club.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    That's kind of what I was getting at...

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    I've got visions of the thread consisting of apposite tracks for the event! Some very strict censorship required, I'd expect.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Last Saturday's wedding.

Groom - Sheffield United fan. John Denver - Annie's Song
    Bride - Sheffield Wednesday fan. Jeff Beck - Hi Ho Silver Lining

Both songs requested. I'd looked into doing some kind of mash up between them but they were just too different, so I simply played them both at the same time, cross fading as we went. Much mirth and a very grateful B&G.

I did offer to play Glory Glory Leeds United afterwards but said that the CD was broke.

What a great story

To be honest, I've never had any strange requests for pulling tracks but I remember in my early days of DJ'ing a played a gig for a mental health organisation complete with a lot of clients and carers.

It's amazing what a minefield this turned out to be in terms of track selection! Madness was out the question, as was Gnarls Barkley, Patsy Cline or anything that mentioned crazyness, insanity etc...

It actually turned out to be a great gig and, to be honest as a nervous newbie, I probably over-thought things a bit too much though!

Was playing Kingston town, bride came over and demanded it get changed because "reggae is too easy to dance to"
    Http://www.heartandsouldisco.co.uk

Wedding DJ and Mobile Disco in Sussex and Surrey