Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Data base help, person needed to make me a quick karaoke data base from excel info

Default Data base help, person needed to make me a quick karaoke data base from excel info

I have all my karaoke songs listed in excel under two columns, Song title and Artist.

its got to the stage where printing loads of karaoke books is costing to much, could someone make me a very quick data base using this information?

All I want to do is set up a laptop on a table where people can come up to it and type in the search box either a song or artist and see if I have the song they want then if I do they can write it down and bring it to me, the data base page needs to be locked with a password so the program cant be shut down.

The data is already in excel and just needs someone for a few bear tokens to make the front page for me please.

Graeme

You know what I'm going to suggest, don't you?
    Media Monkey. The free version ought to do what you need.

Re the bear tokens, no thanks, I don't like Hofmeister!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

When I do Karaoke most punters like to take the books away with them and look through with their mates. Just having one laptop available so they can search for songs will, I think, bring its own problem, that only one person can use it at one time.

What I do with my books (I have 4 or 5 available at any one time) is to add supplemental sheets with "New Songs Availabe" on them. These might be brand new, up to date discs or some oldies that I have recently acquired.

Then, every now and again, I'll print off a full set again and replace them. I use polypockets and ring binders so they are easily interchangeable.

The master list is kept on my laptop so any soing can be found with a quick CTRL-F find option.

Don't think I'd fancy leaving a laptop out for public use.

I've got a searchable database that does artist, song, disc no etc and you can import your songs into it.

It's the same as the one on my website which you can download however, there's an error the website version needs correcting for it to search Singer/Group properly. When it's working properly, you input you serach term into the search box and press enter. Then click on the filter e.g., artist, group, disc no. Simple.

You can either wait while I sort it out tonight or you can send me your email and I'll pop a revised version across to you.

A word of warning about the laptop idea though - it's bound to get a drink spilt on it (or get pinched!) - accident waiting to happen if you ask me.
    Last edited by paulg; 30-07-2013 at 12:18 PM.