Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: KAM KHM800 Haze Machine

Default KAM KHM800 Haze Machine

Your opinions ladies and gents please.

Cheers

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Hello

For the money it is a great little machine we have sold loads at DJ Dealer and had positive feedback

A short video demo is here >> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=3&theater

Thanks
    *** Genie Discs Entertainments ***

Professional Sound & Lighting, PAT Compliant, DJ Guard PLI Insurance and PRS/MCPS ProDub License.

Not so sure about the Facebook page suggestion that "venues can disable their fire alarms". Seems a high risk just to use a smoke machine. Most venues / customers don't seem to miss them.

Most venues dont allow them these days , mine tend only to be used in Marquees

But having said that I was planing on getting two of the Kams then after a demo session at me localish disco shop went for the QTX FX1000 instead
    new website domain name... http://www.dejavuroadshow.tk/

I find that I can use them in places that have a proper stage where smoke is also used for stage productions and also marquees. Anywhere else is a no.

It is interesting that many people say you cannot use smoke or haze machines in most venues. When the smoking ban first arrived the sales of smoke and haze machines become almost non existent. However, for the last 2 years sales on both are higher for us than they where pre smoking ban. What we find is that the cheaper smoke machines sell, but the more expensive don't sell as well as once you move over £100 customers choose a haze machine.

Personally I think it is about trying to educate the venue managers and using a light haze carefully to prove it isn't a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by discoworld View Post
    It is interesting that many people say you cannot use smoke or haze machines in most venues. When the smoking ban first arrived the sales of smoke and haze machines become almost non existent. However, for the last 2 years sales on both are higher for us than they where pre smoking ban. What we find is that the cheaper smoke machines sell, but the more expensive don't sell as well as once you move over £100 customers choose a haze machine.

Personally I think it is about trying to educate the venue managers and using a light haze carefully to prove it isn't a problem.
    I guess it depends on the types of venues the DJs are playing in. Many working mens clubs and village halls etc don't have smoke sensors in (especially around my area) so the use of smoke is permitted. All hotels do have sensors installed, and no amount of "educating" venue managers will make a blind bit difference. They just don't want atmospherics used. To date I've only come across one hotel that offered to isolate the sensors to allow haze. All the rest are a no-go.
    Last edited by Shaun; 01-08-2013 at 09:22 AM.

I suppose different areas will be different... locally as a shop we have discussed the importance of haze Vs the problem with detectors with some hotel owners and managers and they didn't know the difference. The perfect thing would be for these places to use heat sensors in the area of the disco and smoke elsewhere which is what we did in our showroom.

I do believe that from the customers I speak to more and more venues are allowing haze, but maybe not smoke.