Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: karaoke song request can not be found!!??

Default karaoke song request can not be found!!??

hello

im looking for the well known Stone roses - Made of stone, well known stone roses song....BUT CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE...not on sunfly, mr entertainer, easy (zoom)

any one know where i can get hold of it. cant see them not having karaoke version to that classic!

thanks
    chris

Doesn't look like its available anywhere, not in my collection or as you said on sunfly etc. Could email sunfly and ask if its due to be made anytime soon?
    Maidstone Based Professional Disco
    www.lasersounds.co.uk

It's definitely out there because I've had guys sing it in the bad old days when I did karaoke. I'm thinking it was Sunfly or that mob that did the psychdelic tie die background s?

I haven't got this track in my karaoke collection and I've been collecting karaoke since the "sport" first hit the UK all those moons ago!!! My collection includes some harder to find tracks (seeing as a lot of my discs are imports) so it's quite unusual for me to not have a track or at least not be able to source a track.

I've checked the libraries of all the usual suspects in case I've missed something and I can't find it there, either. Maybe the one Jim saw was a custom-made track, perhaps?
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Hello

Get yourself over to Karaoke Version and add to the requests and activate your alert >> Click Here

I have had many karaoke tracks made via Karaoke Version

Thanks
    *** Genie Discs Entertainments ***

Professional Sound & Lighting, PAT Compliant, DJ Guard PLI Insurance and PRS/MCPS ProDub License.

Quote Originally Posted by salford1986 View Post
    hello

im looking for the well known Stone roses - Made of stone, well known stone roses song....BUT CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE...not on sunfly, mr entertainer, easy (zoom)

any one know where i can get hold of it. cant see them not having karaoke version to that classic!

thanks
    chris
    it is out on karaoke and is on youtube at this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB6TB8zuvY8

Quote Originally Posted by tazaoke View Post
    it is out on karaoke and is on youtube at this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB6TB8zuvY8
    First up, thank you for your input in this thread. I've noticed that this is your first post although you've been here a while. You probably know that we ask our members to tell us a bit about themselves in the Newbies section as this helps other members to learn a bit more about who we are talking to! See here for further info:

Click here

Also, I've noticed that your profile is incomplete. I'd be grateful if you could go in to your profile and update the section Full Name with your real name as this is now a requirement of forum membership.

Okay, that's the "forum-alities" out of the way (see what I did there?? ) let's get on with the discussion!

I've had a look at the YouTube link and it looks like it's a DIY karaoke track. I've certainly not heard of "ALFBIO67" as a karaoke manufacturer in all my years as a karaoke enthusiast. I'm not saying that DIY karaoke is a bad thing - I've been known to make my own tracks for personal use in the past - but it would be safer for a commercial KJ to obtain the track from a reputable manufacturer/retailer to be certain that all the appropriate copyright permissions are in place.

Also, I cannot find anywhere that this particular version is actually for sale. The only way I can see a KJ being able to use this track is to either stream it direct over the internet from YouTube or download the video from YouTube which is strictly forbidden.

All in all, I think it would be a much better idea to approach the manufacturers and ask for them to consider making an official, legal karaoke version with all the relevant licences in place.

UPDATE:

I've just Googled "ALFBIO67" and the results I've gotten aren't good, I'm afraid. I've found that his karaoke is described as "KARAOKES MADEHOME" and a lot of them are hosted on / linked to by sites that UK ISPs have been ordered to block. I'm allowing the link to YouTube simply because of YT's credibility and we're presuming that the video has passed YT's checks. Whilst fine for home use, I'd strongly urge sourcing these tracks elsewhere for commercial purposes.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!