Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Traktor Pro 2 - mp3 tag removal

Default Traktor Pro 2 - mp3 tag removal

I've previously run my whole HDD through Traktor Pro 2 when I was using a Denon 6000 controller, but now I use Serato and a lot of my files are considered corrupt or damaged according to the Serato software. I seem to remember a function with Traktor that completely wiped any Traktor imprints/cue points/tags from files if you no longer wished to use it. Firstly, does anyone know if this works, and secondly, as I don't have the program any longer I need someone/somewhere to go to run the HDD through Traktor again and clean the files. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by DJIanScott View Post
    . Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    Hmmm, not exactly been a stampede to pass on advice, has there? I've got no experience of Traktor, but wonder if deleting any databases you can find, and then running Serato again might help? Sorry, but best I can come up with.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I've used both Traktor and Serato on my MP3's in the past few years...and i've never had Serato report a track as broke or corrupt...so can't figure this one out...
    just ian
    Wedding DJ - DISCOfever

Quote Originally Posted by ianforest View Post
    I've used both Traktor and Serato on my MP3's in the past few years...and i've never had Serato report a track as broke or corrupt...so can't figure this one out...
    Thanks folks.....losing the will to live on this one. Only alternative seems to be re-ripping my entire collection so that I can use my new player. Not sure it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by DJIanScott View Post
    Thanks folks.....losing the will to live on this one. Only alternative seems to be re-ripping my entire collection so that I can use my new player. Not sure it's worth it.
    It shouldn't require that... I have a feeling that Serato just doesn't support the same range of formats as Traktor (e.g. it's not something that Traktor has "done" to the files as such, it's just that some are encoded differently to others). Could it be that some are Variable Bit Rate (VBR) and some are Constant Bit Rate (CBR?) One giveaway might be if tracks you've bought from Amazon won't play in Serato as they're always VBR?

If it is something to do with the MP3 encoding, then you should be able to re-encode your collection with minimal quality loss using batch conversion tools (like DBPowerAmp Music Encoder or similar) which you could leave running over your collection for a few days unattended?

First thing to do though is to try and get to the bottom of why it'll read some files and not others...

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

a good start would be to copy some of the tracks that won't play to a memory stick and see if they play, it will give you some tracks to play/experiment with….then there is no chance of destroying your HD trying.
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member