Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Dance off!

Default Dance off!

This might seem like a really stupid question!! But how do you guys normally organize a dance off at a wedding?

A lot of the time I accidentally have one going on, only because the guests form a circle when something like Sexy and I know it is on.

I would be interested to know how everyone else does this. Do you organize it? If so how? Or does it just happen.

Thanks in advance.

Mike (very experienced wedding dj, but doesn't know how to organize a dance off!

If they happen, they happen, but I won't 'organise' them over the mic. Unless party games have been requested beforehand, I avoid that sort of thing because there are a lot of people these days who can't stand DJs that talk too much.

Default It;s Like That

If asked to run a Dance off... I find that It's Like That by Run DMC is just super.

Lee
    Lee Live: Wedding DJ
    http://www.djLeeLive.com/

Quote Originally Posted by leelive View Post
    If asked to run a Dance off... I find that It's Like That by Run DMC is just super.

Lee
    Have you got a video for every question Lee So do you organize it? If so how?

I'm with BeerFunk. If they happen they happen but I wouldn't go out of my way to organise one. It's a bit Butlins to encourage it.

Default Yes/No

Quote Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
    Have you got a video for every question Lee So do you organize it? If so how?
    If someone asks for a dance off then I just ask the lads to get up ready for it - usually in a circle.
    I start the tune and it generally just happens.
    I might tell the girls to scream as to who them deem the best.
    I am not looking for a best dancer though.... as the Groom is always the winner!

Lee
    Lee Live: Wedding DJ
    http://www.djLeeLive.com/

Quote Originally Posted by leelive View Post
    If someone asks for a dance off then I just ask the lads to get up ready for it - usually in a circle.
    I start the tune and it generally just happens.
    I might tell the girls to scream as to who them deem the best.
    I am not looking for a best dancer though.... as the Groom is always the winner!

Lee
    Am I missing something here or are "dance offs" just for the male section of the crowd? Some of the best dancers/street dancers I've seen happen to be ladies!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    Am I missing something here or are "dance offs" just for the male section of the crowd?
    I was wondering exactly the same thing, Dazzy.

Regardless of whether I wanted to participate in a dance off, if I was precluded and asked to 'scream' along because I was female, I won't tell you what I'd be calling the DJ!

I've only ever organised dance offs for kids / young teens, so can't contribute much else to this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    I
    I've only ever organised dance offs for kids / young teens, so can't contribute much else to this conversation.
    Although I often point out that I've seen a lot of things in my time in this game, I've never seen or been asked for such a thing at an adult function. As Angela says, it's always been at kids/ young teens events, so it's a new one on me. Never too old to learn, eh?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk