Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wanted. dmx controller

Default wanted. dmx controller

Hi all im after a dmx controller for up to 12 fixtures and possibly some leads as ive never dmxd before and im taking the plunge in to having a bash at learning it.

Thanks.

P.s have a budget of around £80

Having never used an actual desk controller I can't comment on them. But I use the Chamsys DMX dongle which costs around a tenner and you download the software to run it from a computer. I've had it for a few months now and am already creating generic scenes and getting my light effects to work together for the greater good. It's well worth a tenner of anyone's money!!

Have a search on the forum for "chamsys" as we've discussed this before. I'm at work and my PC is really slow otherwise I'd have gotten the links for you.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

What kind of fixtures are you looking to control? Scans, moving heads, or just RGB stuff like PAR Cans or moon flowers? As that would determine the features and number of channels you'll need. Are you looking for individual control of each fixture? Have a look at www.Thomman.de blowout deals as they have a few b-stock on there. I use the daslight dvc3 128 which is window 7 and above package. It will also let you save programs to it so you can use it stand alon without a PC. They have a b-stock on for £124 at the moment. Loads of support and tutorial videos on the daslight site. It will also allow remote control from an iOS or Android device. I found it runs fine on my laptop when running along side Virtual DJ. Lots of feature like pattern generator for moving heads and scanners etc.
    Last edited by bmdj; 19-08-2013 at 01:55 PM.

Well for a tenner , even I have brought one , whats to lose ??

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post

Daryll
    Yes I agree, I have one too I use with freestyler DMX. Only thing I found was the for some fixtures you had to create your own profile.

I got the guys at Chamsys to do my profiles. I couldn't believe how helpful and efficient they were. 10 out of 10!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post

Daryll
    bought one a while ago …..other than having a look at it not tried it, another thing on the great to do list.
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

Quote Originally Posted by oligunner View Post
    Hi all im after a dmx controller for up to 12 fixtures and possibly some leads as ive never dmxd before and im taking the plunge in to having a bash at learning it.

Thanks.

P.s have a budget of around £80
    As near to your budget as possible, one of these would do the trick.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/stairville_dmxmaster_i.htm

There are various similar versions by chauvet, trancension that might be a few quid cheaper and on sale in the UK.

There are some very good beginners guides to using the Chauvet version of this controller on youtube. Search for "producermatt" and find the 4 tutorial videos about dmx. You'll be up and running in an afternoon!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    Having never used an actual desk controller I can't comment on them. But I use the Chamsys DMX dongle which costs around a tenner and you download the software to run it from a computer. I've had it for a few months now and am already creating generic scenes and getting my light effects to work together for the greater good. It's well worth a tenner of anyone's money!!

Have a search on the forum for "chamsys" as we've discussed this before. I'm at work and my PC is really slow otherwise I'd have gotten the links for you.
    Hi mate this sounds perfect and to good to be true, I have ordered 1 from the site, What is the software called to run it, Or do you download that too of there site,

Cheers for the info
    Tommy

yes u get it from there site
    good luck with it the manual is huge