Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do you find you see the same people every weekend ?

Default do you find you see the same people every weekend ?

not exactly the same people but you same characters.

old lady moaning it to loud
    young children demanding there song now
    middle age drunk, play this now as we are leaving in 5 mins
    drunk bridesmaids spilling drinks on you asking for the same song all night even though you have played it and she was outside
    the strange crowd in the corner asking for random strange unheard of songs from the underground of youtube
    can you play this song off my phone

and my lease favourite

(drunk knowitall) this music is , play something we can dance to (even though the dance floor is full), how long have you been doing discos, can you play some hard house and acid, (me)no sir this is a wedding with a suggested playlist of nice music van Morrison, frank Sinatra, etc. your suggestion doesn't go with what the bride and groom have asked me to play and i'm waiting for the bride and groom to have there first dance before I start the party music going, (him)well you are a then, the bride is my niece, (me) most people here are related sir, (him) are you saying we are all in breads as we are from Norfolk? (me) no sir its a wedding most guests are related or family friends that's why they are invited, (him) do you want to sort this outside ? (me) not really sir no, (him) well its a good job you didn't as I would of smashed your face in, (me)charming.

which is a shame as it was one of the best gigs i've had in months, people on the dance floor all evening, it takes just one drunk to spoil it.
    Last edited by Corabar Entertainment; 20-08-2013 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Please do not try to get around the censor by replacing characters in swear words... it's against the rules. Thanks.

sorry I thought it auto censored I see I have to add them myself now.

Quote Originally Posted by mkindy View Post
    sorry I thought it auto censored I see I have to add them myself now.
    It will automatically censor the naughty words, but not naughty words with asterisks and the like in them. Best advice is to type it, preview it, and see what happens.

As to what is and should be on the list of profanities banned by the censor, well believe me, wars have been fought over less!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

(drunk knowitall) this music is , play something we can dance to (even though the dance floor is full), how long have you been doing discos, can you play some hard house and acid, (me)no sir this is a wedding with a suggested playlist of nice music van Morrison, frank Sinatra, etc. your suggestion doesn't go with what the bride and groom have asked me to play and i'm waiting for the bride and groom to have there first dance before I start the party music going, (him)well you are a then, the bride is my niece, (me) most people here are related sir, (him) are you saying we are all in breads as we are from Norfolk? (me) no sir its a wedding most guests are related or family friends that's why they are invited, (him) do you want to sort this outside ? (me) not really sir no, (him) well its a good job you didn't as I would of smashed your face in, (me)charming.
    Attitudes like that really get my goat. We are employed to do a job, so why should we suffer abuse?

If people talk to me like that these days, I tell them to stop giving me abuse or the music ends, no exceptions, seems to give them a shock and to go away. I have a paragraph in my t&c that clearly states I will not accept abuse of any kind otherwise its party over.

Sadly some people don't seem capable of drinking without turning into a complete
    Maidstone Based Professional Disco
    www.lasersounds.co.uk

All of that sounds VERY familiar, and will be to any long standing jock!All part of the job and always has been! Water off a duck's back to me now!

Quote Originally Posted by musicologydisco View Post
    All of that sounds VERY familiar, and will be to any long standing jock!All part of the job and always has been! Water off a duck's back to me now!
    Agreed and agreed but we're entitled to the same dignity and safety at work as anyone else so I also have a clause in my contract which states I'll kill the music if I personally or feel that any of the other guests are being threatened and if it's not rectified by the client then it's an early night for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    Agreed and agreed but we're entitled to the same dignity and safety at work as anyone else so I also have a clause in my contract which states I'll kill the music if I personally or feel that any of the other guests are being threatened and if it's not rectified by the client then it's an early night for me.
    Exactly what I was going to say
    Maidstone Based Professional Disco
    www.lasersounds.co.uk

can you play this song off my phone
    This is really a ballache for me. Mainly the younger crowd do this, have been to a couple of proms where the kids have asked this - I don't want to be an arse so if there is a song that they all really want I'll often let them plug it in and it's worked well with the asian crowds and ones I was not prepared for.

What really annoys me though is people coming up "can I play my phone" ... yes "ok plug it in" ... hold on what track do you want? "it's on the phone" ... ok ... I look at the phone and it's something stupid like mr Saxobeat which I'd assume any DJ that does proms would have.
    The worst is when they play there odd track, the dance floor starts to clear - I get a track ready to recover from there poor music taste and they pick their phone up and change the track mid song, I normally fade out play my song and say I'm not doing it anymore but just the cheek of it in the first place - who made you the in DJ??

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Going back to the OP, I can't help but think this reminds me of a fantastic song by a lovely, talented Irish chap called Neil Hannon (or you might know him as The Devine Comedy) called National Express.

The OP is the mobile disco equivalent of Neil's observations of National Express travellers! We should put it to music.

"Now everybody sing Da da da da....."

Edit:

For those who haven't got a clue what I'm going on about (shame on you! Call yourself a DJ!!!), here it is!

I'll admit it's a confusing video as it's having a poke at the National Health Service from the viewpoint of a psychiatric patient (Neil's strange mind working overtime, there!!) but the tracl really is about the bus operator!! Listen to the lyrics and, if you've travelled on said bus before, you'll understand!!
    Last edited by DazzyD; 20-08-2013 at 10:00 PM.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    This is really a ballache for me. Mainly the younger crowd do this, have been to a couple of proms where the kids have asked this - I don't want to be an arse so if there is a song that they all really want I'll often let them plug it in and it's worked well with the asian crowds and ones I was not prepared for.
    I normally clearly announce what I'm doing and who I'm doing it for, and then when we get 10 seconds into the track and it becomes clear that the quality of it is so low that no-one can work out what the hell it is, I cut it and go back to whatever I was doing

Cynicism aside, sometimes it has worked really well where the tracks have been really obscure or tracks where there is no way I could get them from legal sources as early as the kids.- E.g. Lady Gaga, "Just Dance", played from iPod at a 16th a full three months before the official UK release!

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography