Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i need 5 new song to follow 9 to 5

Quote Originally Posted by mkindy View Post
    keyboard warriors ......

I only ask for 5 songs that go well with 9 to 5.

maybe I should stick to showing photos of the new equipment I've just bought in an effort to prove I'm much better than you and how much more successful I am like a lot of other posts on here, but I'm not like that I just asked for a bit of inspiration from other fellow like minded dj's, I thank the handful who gave helpful responses.

Graeme now ducks down and hides behind the sofa for voicing his opinion
    Sorry, but what the hell are you on about?

No-one has been rude or been a keyboard warrior.

If you don't want honest answers and opinions, then don't start threads.

Perhaps you should take a look at what people have posted and then at the way you work. maybe, just maybe, you might learn something new or bring a fresh approach to your work.

No-one has mentioned about equipment or said they are better than you. I always used to play the same combinations of songs at the same time, but people on here and elsewhere made me take stock and start thinking a little differently.

I can understand getting in some kind of routine when it comes to Christmas parties etc because if it works, cool but I go out to every booking with the thought of keeping an open mind and seeing how the dance floor or guests react to tracks.

I went through a stage of playing 9 to 5 quite regularly but it's one that I don't play that often now unless it's requested (it's on tonights 'Cheese' list as it happens!).

There's a mash up somewhere of 9 to 5 vs Eple that's pretty good but if you have the handbag/cheese brigade up on the floor, they probably won't like it as it's 2 totally different styles (although it works as a tune).

Not much help really so apologies for that but calling people 'keyboard warriors' isn't going to help you out much and I guess it's help that you wanted in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    There's a mash up somewhere of 9 to 5 vs Eple that's pretty good but if you have the handbag/cheese brigade up on the floor, they probably won't like it as it's 2 totally different styles (although it works as a tune).
    That's by 2ManyDJ's on 'As Heard On Radio Soulwax pt2' - think it comes out of Destiny's Child Independent Woman into 9-5 into Eple (and 10cc's Dreadlock Holiday is in there as well somewhere if I remember rightly).

I think Neil has got it spot with his comments. Back in the day, DJs used to pride themselves on music selection and playing songs that naturally follow each other. But people in general really don't care about the transition of tracks but more that you're playing something that makes them want to dance.

I usually play the RWL version of 9 to 5 and I've had a look at my recent playlists to see what I've followed them with. And the most recent five times it's been played it's been followed by One Direction's What Makes You Beautiful (twice), Carly Rae Jepson's Call Me Maybe, Maroon 5's Moves Like Jagger and Lynyrd Skynyrd's Sweet Home Alabama (where on earth did that one come from???). Hardly musical genius on my part and I've no explanation other than those tracks must have been requested and that what the point at which I'd played them!

My point is, rather than going with a rigid playlist be a bit more fluid and play whatever takes your fancy, or has been requested. We used to call it "car-crashing" but you can call it "artistic licence"!!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Queen- Don't stop me now
    Van Morrison- Brown Eyed Girl
    Robin Thicke- Blurred Lines
    Rizzle kicks- Mama Do The Hump
    Chubby Checker- Let's twist again
    Sister Sledge- He's The Greatest Dancer

That will give them a flavour that you're willing to mix it up for them and shows you'll cope with a mixed age group and genres....hopefully!.
    Last edited by musicologydisco; 30-08-2013 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by musicologydisco View Post
    Queen- Don't stop me now
    Van Morrison- Brown Eyed Girl
    Robin Thicke- Blurred Lines
    Rizzle kicks- Mama Do The Hump
    Chubby Checker- Let's twist again
    Sister Sledge- He's The Greatest Dancer

That will give them a flavour that you're willing to mix it up for them and shows you'll cope with a mixed age group and genres....hopefully!.
    But that's 6 songs, he only asked for 5 you keyboard warrior lol.....

It's one of those tunes that has a nice slow beat that's easy for anyone to dance to, so a drastic change in tempo is likely to lose a lot of your dancers.

The Nolans (as already mentioned) is the best choice in my opinion, but how about Frankie Valli - December '63, Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancing, Men At Work - Down Under, or maybe even Robbie Williams - Rock DJ?