Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Firefox Upgrade

Default Firefox Upgrade

Has anyone recently upgraded their version of Firefox and now having trouble with the text being a bit blurry and doesn't clear until you move the cursor over it?

I've had this problem for the last few days and been on the Mozilla forums where lots of other users are having the same problem but the suggested fixes haven't worked for me. Any ideas? It seems to be a big problem when I'm on this forum and looking at quoted text in posts.

Any ideas would be a big help as it's doing my head in now!!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Firefox --> Tools --> Options --> Advanced --> General --> Uncheck [] use hardware acceleration when available.

Failing that, look at graphics drivers.

EDIT: Not sure if you've tried these as you probably found them as suggestions already if you've been doing the rounds on forums. Would be handy to know what exactly doesn't work...

Hi Marc

Thanks for the advice.

From the Mozilla Forums, this is something that's relatively new and is something to do with the way the Firefox is rescaling Windows. The suggested fix was to type in "about:config", ignoring the "Dragons" (anyone whose tinkered with Firefox will know what I mean!), find the option "layout.css.devPixelsPerPx" and set it to "1.0". This hasn't worked for me though and the forum's advice is to play around with this setting. I can't get it to work properly and might even consider rolling back to FFv20 (as, apparently, this glitch first appeared in v21 although I didn't notice it until my upgrade to v23) but this seems a bit drastic.

It isn't a fatal problem but, for something with poor eyesight like me, it is quite annoying. I may even consider moving to Chrome!
    Dazzy D

Born to make you party!

Did my suggestion not work either?

I'm away from the laptop so I haven't tried it yet. Will do once I get back and I'll let you know!
    Dazzy D

Born to make you party!