Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need something subtle for Wedding fayre, ideas ? UPDATED

Default Need something subtle for Wedding fayre, ideas ? UPDATED

Hi All,

Got a wedding fayre coming up in October at one I do every year spring & Autumn. This Autumn they've decided to do something a bit different with the "House" being set for a ceremony & Evening reception and then all the suppliers in the marquee.

I've been asked to set up the disco rig for the "Evening Reception" room and then will have a stand in the marquee. I'm after a way of getting clients to come to my stand in the marquee and not the other 2 Dj's that will be there by way of some sort of signage.

I'm thinking roller banner may be a bit too intrusive as the room won't have any other exhibitors in per se and maybe an "A" board will do the job?

All ideas appreciated
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    Hi All,

Got a wedding fayre coming up in October at one I do every year spring & Autumn. This Autumn they've decided to do something a bit different with the "House" being set for a ceremony & Evening reception and then all the suppliers in the marquee.

I've been asked to set up the disco rig for the "Evening Reception" room and then will have a stand in the marquee. I'm after a way of getting clients to come to my stand in the marquee and not the other 2 Dj's that will be there by way of some sort of signage.

I'm thinking roller banner may be a bit too intrusive as the room won't have any other exhibitors in per se and maybe an "A" board will do the job?

All ideas appreciated

X Factor voice over with your name???

I think other than having a nicer set up (maybe stick some mood lights around your area?) there's not a whole lot you'll be able to do - most people who are looking for a DJ would go to all 3 I'd imagine, the trick is to make yourself stand out from them, not draw people to you. If you've got any particularly "flashy" (as in WOW that's cool, not LET'S HAVE A RAVE!!!!!) lights or fixtures I'd put one of them on show.

Maybe have a playlist going too and a laptop or TV screen with photos of previous weddings?

tbh a wedding fayre with 3 DJs at a hotel (which I'm assuming is going to be fairly small) sound a bit cack imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    X Factor voice over with your name???

I think other than having a nicer set up (maybe stick some mood lights around your area?) there's not a whole lot you'll be able to do - most people who are looking for a DJ would go to all 3 I'd imagine, the trick is to make yourself stand out from them, not draw people to you. If you've got any particularly "flashy" (as in WOW that's cool, not LET'S HAVE A RAVE!!!!!) lights or fixtures I'd put one of them on show.

Maybe have a playlist going too and a laptop or TV screen with photos of previous weddings?

tbh a wedding fayre with 3 DJs at a hotel (which I'm assuming is going to be fairly small) sound a bit cack imo.
    Thanks Jim for that but not sure if I didn't make it clear so I'll have another try

The sinage I want is for the set up in the Hall so that anyone looking around the Hall knows that the set up in there belongs to me!
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

A cardboard cutout of yourself stood behind your rig?

I've seen these are available online from a Hi-Res photograph.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    Thanks Jim for that but not sure if I didn't make it clear so I'll have another try

The sinage I want is for the set up in the Hall so that anyone looking around the Hall knows that the set up in there belongs to me!
    Ah

Luminous orange A4 card and a sharpie then

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    A cardboard cutout of yourself stood behind your rig?

I've seen these are available online from a Hi-Res photograph.
    Now that idea I like!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    Ah

Luminous orange A4 card and a sharpie then
    Yes, very subtle!

Or I could always get my mate Yoda to help out

Name:  yoda cut out.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  43.4 KB
    Last edited by Spirits High; 03-09-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Custom gobo??
    http://www.premier-ltd.com DJ's, Dance floors, LED Furniture, Staging, Lighting, Draping, Audio & Visual Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Leicester Ben View Post
    Custom gobo??
    I was thinking that - another idea could be to use a projector to show your company Logo on the dance floor, alternating with a rotating "Congratulations" message, or to put a screen up on your truss showing a slideshow with wedding photos (with your company name/logo in the corner) alternating with slides with details about your company and the services you can offer. Demo's what you can do and gets your name out there as well in a subtle way - and it's potentially showcasing a service your competitors might not have thought of.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Leicester Ben View Post
    Custom gobo??
    Good idea. Although it is very light in the Orangery so wouldn't show up too well.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    I was thinking that - another idea could be to use a projector to show your company Logo on the dance floor, alternating with a rotating "Congratulations" message, or to put a screen up on your truss showing a slideshow with wedding photos (with your company name/logo in the corner) alternating with slides with details about your company and the services you can offer.
    Truss?? Have you seen my set up

May be an idea as I will have another slideshow running on the stand in the marquee....Hmmmm, something to ponder.

Just in case you decide to go with the cutout idea, I thought it would be helpful to supply a link to a site that can produce from your own photo...

http://www.mycutouts.co.uk/?gclid=CN...FZPItAodegEAJg

Cheers

Jem