Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frequently used Web site designers (and hosting)

Default Frequently used Web site designers (and hosting)

Well, I tend to pick up a lot on my travels and e-travels - (although the tablets and orange juice normally clear things up in a few weeks...)

I recall reading somewhere (and fingers crossed, it was on here) that there are one or two web designers who are really well favoured by the DJs who have obtained websites from those couple of designers. If I've recalled that correctly, who were those nominated stars?

I did have a look through the forum using the search facility and found a thread recommending hosting, with comments about professional hosting vs a bloke with a server at home etc, so I could use that thread for hosting decisions. However, the searching didnt yield any web designers names - oh, except for a thread querying "Did martin do that one?"

So which designers and hosts are members current favs?
    ... Soon be Christmas

There's one I would recommend and was an advertiser on here. Whilst, I and many other people haven't really had any issues, a couple of people have and there's a long thread about it somewhere...

Mods, i'm sure you know who i'm talking about, can I post a link?

As for WebNation, I do have one website built by them, but unless you're willing to pay £400+, all the websites are built from similar templates.

www.sc-events.co.uk
    www.sjsdiscos.co.uk
    www.weddingdiscotamworth.co.uk
    www.promdiscotamworth.co.uk

Those are my websites, the first 3 are built by the company i'd recommend, the last one is a WebNation one.
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

Quote Originally Posted by SC Events View Post
    There's one I would recommend and was an advertiser on here. Whilst, I and many other people haven't really had any issues, a couple of people have and there's a long thread about it somewhere...

Mods, i'm sure you know who i'm talking about, can I post a link?
    I would rather you didn't. Without getting into the whole issue again, we can't be recommending companies who didn't look after all of our members.

What I will say about both companies is web nation replies to every email within normally 30 mins and the other depending who sees it the other end, you will be lucky to get a reply
    Yes agree with Scott £400 but its a excellent service so it's worth it. Also web nation do special offers as I paid no where never £400
    My design fr web nation
    Www.weddingdjbirmingham.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by surround sounds View Post
    What I will say about both companies is web nation replies to every email within normally 30 mins and the other depending who sees it the other end, you will be lucky to get a reply
    Yes agree with Scott £400 but its a excellent service so it's worth it. Also web nation do special offers as I paid no where never £400
    My design fr web nation
    Www.weddingdjbirmingham.co.uk
    Which is identical to several others, including Angela's (Corabar / Wedding DJ Hertforshire)

I suppose it comes down to what you can afford and whether you're happy with a template or would prefer a bespoke design. My SJS Discos & Wedding Disco Tamworth websites cost me £300 each, but aren't templates.
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

I very highly recommend Marc J. He's a member here on the forum. He's been an absolute godsend.

Quote Originally Posted by SC Events View Post
    Which is identical to several others, including Angela's (Corabar / Wedding DJ Hertforshire)

I suppose it comes down to what you can afford and whether you're happy with a template or would prefer a bespoke design. My SJS Discos & Wedding Disco Tamworth websites cost me £300 each, but aren't templates.
    Yes that is true its is the same but you add your own photos etc into it.
    On a other note I doubt the customer really cares or knows its a template. The main thing is a website which will work in time and a1 service which in my experience is web nation but there website does not perform no where near to my other websites.
    But as Scott says depends on budget

Quote Originally Posted by surround sounds View Post
    Yes that is true its is the same but you add your own photos etc into it.
    On a other note I doubt the customer really cares or knows its a template. The main thing is a website which will work in time and a1 service which in my experience is web nation but there website does not perform no where near to my other websites.
    But as Scott says depends on budget
    IMHO: The customer may not know it's a template, but if they check out 10 sites and most of them "feel the same / feel familiar" it can have an impact. Having something custom done up may cost a fair bit more, but done right, it can set you well apart from the rest.

That said, depending on budget, starting with something solid & nice - if familiar - is better than not starting.

I do hosting and all aspects of design. I have many happy forum customers. All my work is 100% unique.

See here for some of my offers: http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...t-design-deals