Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: great night

Default great night

Awesome night in walkabout Birmingham I was sick of 80s cheese anyway looks bet quiet across the road wonder why

Quote Originally Posted by flatliners View Post
    Awesome night in walkabout Birmingham I was sick of 80s cheese anyway looks bet quiet across the road wonder why
    I'm just sick of the noise! Next year I'm taking the Saga Louts to the Library.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Next year I think we should do a mass booking to a hotel that has a function room & do our own party.

Or go to that pub with the fantastic black beer & worry about what to do next when it closes.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Next year I think we should do a mass booking to a hotel that has a function room & do our own party.
    Funnily enough, on Monday morning, it was mooted by a couple of folk that if the Sheldon had been willing to keep their bar open till 4am, enough folk would have patronised it to make it well worth their while. A suggestion was made that having a whip round to pay the barperson(s) direct might have helped. Worth looking into, I feel. In some ways, the Maypole MDD BYO bar had much merit.

PS, Steve, if you change venues, it's got to be within five minutes of the Sheldon, cos their breakfast is such value that if done correctly, you don't need to eat again until late evening.

Or go to that pub with the fantastic black beer & worry about what to do next when it closes.
    Well here I feel that I may be showing my age, but I'd vote for any venue that facilitated conversation somewhere in it. It strikes me that with the sort of numbers we're talking here, venues should be keen to entice us in, especially early doors.

Excalibur I did pop over and said hello in walkabout after we left reflex.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    PS, Steve, if you change venues, it's got to be within five minutes of the Sheldon, cos their breakfast is such value that if done correctly, you don't need to eat again until late evening.
    I wouldn't know, we didn't get in there until the carvery had started again. As a consequence Watford Gap services got our patronage for another year.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by chrispeacock View Post
    Excalibur I did pop over and said hello in walkabout after we left reflex.
    You did indeed, and it was nice to put a face to a name.

I wouldn't know, we didn't get in there until the carvery had started again.
    Then Sir, you are missing the best value treat of the weekend. I'll say no more, other than that The Four DJ's Of The First Sitting unanimously declared it to be excellent quality and value.

i did have a dodgy wig on though

I have an idea that might be good but I have to get some info from one or two people and will report back whim I have spoke to them