Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Suggestions please.

Default Suggestions please.

OK folks, here we go again. I've now got an American Audio VMS4.1, and love it to bits. This leaves me with two channels for backup/ second playout. Using a second laptop, soundcard and controller, is time consuming and cumbersome.

Now I've seen what one person on here can do with a small apple product into one channel (No idea what it's called, but It's very clever ) which would leave one channel with a cable to connect guests phones and ipods if necessary. Perfect. I feel however that this is beyond my budget, and would offend the Luddite in me.

Can anyone suggest a small playout which would preferably accept USB sticks, and had two playout channels, even if it had only one output ( ie a mixer of some sort. ) This would still leave me a spare channel for phones and the like.

Low cost and small size are vital. I've got a Cortex, but that really means a case and keyboard, so still cumbersome.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    OK folks, here we go again. I've now got an American Audio VMS4.1, and love it to bits. This leaves me with two channels for backup/ second playout. Using a second laptop, soundcard and controller, is time consuming and cumbersome.

Now I've seen what one person on here can do with a small apple product into one channel (No idea what it's called, but It's very clever ) which would leave one channel with a cable to connect guests phones and ipods if necessary. Perfect. I feel however that this is beyond my budget, and would offend the Luddite in me.

Can anyone suggest a small playout which would preferably accept USB sticks, and had two playout channels, even if it had only one output ( ie a mixer of some sort. ) This would still leave me a spare channel for phones and the like.

Low cost and small size are vital. I've got a Cortex, but that really means a case and keyboard, so still cumbersome.
    The American dj SDJ2 may suit you. Its configurable as one or two outputs and doesnt require a keyboard and takes usb and sd cards. Ive seen them new for around £149 in the past so you might get a second hand one for < £100.

You know you want one,the little product you refer to has dropped in price on the second hand market.
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

Quote Originally Posted by sweetie View Post
    The American dj SDJ2 may suit you. Its configurable as one or two outputs and doesnt require a keyboard and takes usb and sd cards. Ive seen them new for around £149 in the past so you might get a second hand one for < £100.
    A contender. It had crossed my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by deltic View Post
    You know you want one,the little product you refer to has dropped in price on the second hand market.
    Get thee behind me
    1) Price drop or no, it's still too expensive.
    2) It's made by a company whose products I only use under duress.
    3) I don't think I could learn to drive it.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

3) I don't think I could learn to drive it.
    My dad is around the same age as you and is computer illiterate (you can come onto a forum and use it but to ask him to do the same would be asking a dog to tango) but can use an iPhone 4.