Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Replacement for Denon HD2500

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    The new controller is very impressive i must say - its solid and very compact when compared to pioneer etc.
    According to the blurb, it has had a lot of work done to make it more user friendly, and the mic channels have been rejigged, so it ought to have had the bugs removed by now and be a fine piece of kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If you could, that would be great. .
    Shaun, I'm sure you'll understand if I don't hold my breath waiting for the Mk2.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I have done. I own one of these (see below). It's more or less just a toy though, for making mixes for the car. I still prefer my Denon - a single unit without the need for laptops.
    I know you have one dear boy. And I know what you purchased before it. And why.
    For readers not up to speed in this area, Shaun went to an open day somewhere, to compare just about every brand of midi controller known to mankind under one roof. And dear reader, he wavered. He bought the model regarded by many as the " Industry Standard ", the workhorse of many mobile DJs. The only inference which can be drawn is that he was contemplating the remote possibilty of using it in anger as a playout system for his disco.
    And then the moment passed, and he swapped it for the Pioneer, the very next day.

OK, to be serious, let me first say that if the Cortex play buttons had functioned faultlessly, and I didn't want to offer Karaoke, I'd still be using them, no question. I loved them, as much as Numark and Denon users love theirs. I could be making music minutes after their cases hit the stand. But those cases were heavy, and not easy to carry upstairs. I recently sold the gator case I put together for upstairs gigs, which held a Cortex and mixer. My VMS is lighter, smaller, neater and coupled with a laptop, easier to use.

For me, the only solution is controller and laptop. For Shaun, it's a Hard Drive Controller, like the 2500. And for a well regarded forum member, it's a sort of halfway house, a midi controller in a case, with a Denon 500 mixer to sort the sound, and a laptop for the main visuals. If you don't do Karaoke, an HDC is still perhaps the simplest solution, but for those of us with failing sight, and an inexplicable desire to listen to amateurs murdering classic songs, you need a laptop.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post

I know you have one dear boy. And I know what you purchased before it. And why.
    For readers not up to speed in this area, Shaun went to an open day somewhere, to compare just about every brand of midi controller known to mankind under one roof. And dear reader, he wavered. He bought the model regarded by many as the " Industry Standard ", the workhorse of many mobile DJs. The only inference which can be drawn is that he was contemplating the remote possibilty of using it in anger as a playout system for his disco.
    And then the moment passed, and he swapped it for the Pioneer, the very next day.
    What a good memory you have. I'd forgot you were there (apologies!) Lol.

OK, to be serious, let me first say that if the Cortex play buttons had functioned faultlessly, and I didn't want to offer Karaoke, I'd still be using them, no question. I loved them, as much as Numark and Denon users love theirs. I could be making music minutes after their cases hit the stand. But those cases were heavy, and not easy to carry upstairs. I recently sold the gator case I put together for upstairs gigs, which held a Cortex and mixer. My VMS is lighter, smaller, neater and coupled with a laptop, easier to use.

For me, the only solution is controller and laptop. For Shaun, it's a Hard Drive Controller, like the 2500. And for a well regarded forum member, it's a sort of halfway house, a midi controller in a case, with a Denon 500 mixer to sort the sound, and a laptop for the main visuals. If you don't do Karaoke, an HDC is still perhaps the simplest solution, but for those of us with failing sight, and an inexplicable desire to listen to amateurs murdering classic songs, you need a laptop.
    Very well written - pretty much sums it up really!

Added to that, I must admit, I like a few toys and effects on my playout system. Just a few, mind, but if I'm being honest - they're not strictly necessary. I love the filter and brake effects on the Denon, and sometimes use dump to slip past a sweary word, if I don't have a clean version of the track. I do a bit of mixing at times too, mostly at 18ths/21sts, which is where instant start and no/low latency is vital.

As for the heavy case, yes, it is an annoyance. On the flips side though, I have my entire playout ready to go in about 30 seconds. Pop the lid off the flightcase, plug into the mains, wait for decks to initialise. Also have headphones, one wired mic, one wireless mic, small mic mixer, external USB HDD, and a bag of spare cables in the flightcase. My only gripe is the solitary unbalanced mic input on the DN-X050 mixer - hence the need for the mic mixer. I've never been completely happy with the microphone quality, but it saves swapping out for a heavier mixer.

The MC6000 does tick all of the above boxes, and then some....

According to the blurb, it has had a lot of work done to make it more user friendly, and the mic channels have been rejigged, so it ought to have had the bugs removed by now and be a fine piece of kit.
    i think they may be sending me one to review so will look forward to that. I may upgrade I think as i have always liked Denon and apart from the external power requirement it ticks all the boxes. I still have the Peavy Hi Sys system sitting in my living room so hopefully Denon will forget they sent it too me Only joking - money well spent for such a compact unit as its smaller than the Pioneer SB I tested before Christmas!!

You can email the UK General Manager Miles Brooke as he will know more about these things when they come up.
    I assume he can put you on a product mailing list.

[email protected]
    Last edited by yourdj; 10-03-2014 at 05:39 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/