Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacement for Denon HD2500

Quote Originally Posted by BeerFunk View Post
    However, this isn't different to any other industry - it's supply and demand. And if we don't demand...
    Seems to me we've been asking for various things for years, but our voices don't get heard. We'vbe had a thread dedicated to building the perfect HDC, and that was many years ago, I believe. It's not here yet.

At BPM I suggested to a supplier that there was an overwhelming need for a small LED moonflower with gobos, at a sensible price. I know I and others are eagerly seeking this. He said it had never been considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    I'd be interested to see what this new thing is like when it finally arrives.
    Forgive my scepticism, but " If " rather than "When". I seem to remember we've been promised this before. I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by DJIanScott View Post
    The 2500 is bombproof.
    I beg your pardon? A colleague found it so "bombproof" that he sold it, and got an MC6000. I've sen his 2500 fall over many times, and bailed him out with my playout.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 19-09-2013 at 07:52 AM.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I beg your pardon? A colleague found it so "bombproof" that he sold it, and got an MC6000. I've sen his 2500 fall over many times, and bailed him out with my playout.
    can honestly say the old Dansette never let me down absolutely bombproof however the same can't be said of the HD2500 i had!!!
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

DJs who need a telly upon which they can see huge playlists because they can't think for themselves. A real DJ knows what to play next!
    So you play everything totally on the fly by memory alone? Pick the next song with no hesitation or deviation, never forget any tune ever, no notes made of clients 'must plays' etc. That's amazing.

I need to browse my tunes for inspiration - oh if I only had a brain!

Doesn't the numark mixdeck quad work standalone and as a midi controller (and takes an idevice too)

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I can only speak from personal experience, and in seven years of owning/using a 2500, it fell over just once and that was user error.......I didn't push the USB plug in properly!

Really like to see the idea redeveloped though, negating the need for a PC/Mac as a platform.

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    So you play everything totally on the fly by memory alone? Pick the next song with no hesitation or deviation, never forget any tune ever,
    To be fair, when I used vinyl (for nearly 15 years), the answer would have been yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Events Ltd View Post
    To be fair, when I used vinyl (for nearly 15 years), the answer would have been yes!
    and did you think anyone who flipped through their collection for a bit of inspiration wasn't a 'real DJ'.

It wasn't so much the mechanics of it (I used a HD2500 for a few years myself, but I prefer having a larger screen to browse) it was the superior attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Events Ltd View Post
    My point exactly. A lot of 'knowledge' has been lost since the advent of computerised listings, with the ability to sort into genre/BPM/key order.

My point exactly. A lot of 'knowledge' has been lost since the advent of computerised listings, with the ability to sort into genre/BPM/key order.
    If that was your point you should have made it!

I think you're back-pedalling now that someone's thrown you a lifeline...

Nothing was stopping any collection in any format being listed in whatever category the DJ wanted - musical knowledge is still required whether you have a crate of vinyl or a laptop screen, having a tiny display doesn't make you a better DJ just because you can't see more than a few tunes at once. Do you not have your own collection arranged in folders?
    Last edited by funkymook; 19-09-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    and did you think anyone who flipped through their collection for a bit of inspiration wasn't a 'real DJ'.
    No of course not. I suppose it's just a different way of looking and storing music. I used to have boxes of records sorted in the same genre and decade and my folders on my laptop are similar but a lot easier to manage.