OK folks, here's a good one for you. The lease is up on the second laptop, and the cunning plan is to buy it, and optimise it for DJ'ing. John did this for the old one, and what an improvement. Staggering. This machine is pretty old and low powered though, so I'd like to relegate it to backup if possible, and also since the newer one only has three USB sockets, making it the main playout on the VMS will mean I don't have to use a hub to use it.

So, then I'd need to get a new one, and the question is: What? Experience now shows that it will be used almost exclusively for web browsing, and perhaps email. Use as a playout will be extremely unlikely.

Price ceiling excludes most Apple and Mac products, we're around £350 maximum. I'd like full size USB connection, but that's not absolutely vital. So, do I go for a full size laptop which I know and love, downsize to a smaller and cheaper Netbook style, which still has all the features except a CD drive, or can I manage with the seemingly ubiquitous tablet style machine? I've got to say that cost saving would be nice, and I'm sort of leaning towards a tablet, simply for the portability aspect. I have a Nokia Lumia which can surf the web, but it's more than a touch cramped for this.

P.S. I accept that I'll have to bite the bullet and accept Windows 8.

Contenders:
laptop

netbook

tablet

Over to you, all advice welcomed, short deadline though. Must be PC World. Ta.