Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Denon HD2500 problem

Default Denon HD2500 problem

Only a minor issue but annoying all the same.

My HD 2500 seems to be creating new folders every time I put a new track into a folder. For example I will put a couple of newly downloaded tracks into the 90's folder, update the database on Denon DJ software and off to gig. The HD 2500 then reads the external drive and hey it has created another 90's folder with 2 tracks in rather than update the old one. Anyone else had this? This is getting quite annoying as I am becoming overrun with folders and finding stuff is becoming more difficult. I have opted to ask for any ideas before becoming so overrun with folders the whole thing is useless.

It has also lost its internal drive, but not that bothered by that.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Not sure what could be causing that.

Quick question though, when you say you're updating the database is it via database dropdown menu in the software [database>update]?

I vaguely think I remember there was a limit to the number of files per folder (or something along those lines) - might that have something to do with it? Perhaps it automatically creates a new folder when one has reached it's limit.

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    I vaguely think I remember there was a limit to the number of files per folder (or something along those lines) - might that have something to do with it? Perhaps it automatically creates a new folder when one has reached it's limit.
    It was suggested that for the Cortex, keeping folders below 1000 files was a good idea. I note that I've now got a couple that size, but everything still works.

The only similar problem I've had is human error, when I update a folder by moving another folder into it, instead of moving the individual tracks. That doesn't create a new folder as such, it just puts one inside the other.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Thanks for the responses.

I am using the Denon software on the laptop to update the database and there are not over 1,000 files in a folder. I only have 4,300 files in total on the drive.

It is an odd one.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk