Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Been thinking

Default Been thinking

Because of all the crap with reflex that happened on Sunday night at BPM.
    Why don't we find a hotel near BPM with a function room and have our own party.
    thus not forking out for taxis to Birmingham city center.
    we could ask someone like american DJ if they would like to sponsor it maybe supply some kit IE like what they do at mobile beat Las Vegas and we could have a UK vs american DJ battle.
    maybe we could get a live act if we charged a cover charge.
    This would also be much better for networking.
    i am sure if the hotel was booked full of DJ'S staying there i am sure they would keep the function room open till say 2am
    what do you guys and gals think

what happened at reflex?

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    what happened at reflex?
    For some of us, very little. Some of our party were refused entry for being improperly dressed, having committed the cardinal sin of wearing trainers, rather than nice shiny shoes. We then went to a lovely pub nearby, which sadly threw us out at 11pm. We then regrouped in a very noisy club, which although far more upmarket than Reflex, allowed us all in eagerly, even waiving the admission fee. It was very noisy though. Very noisy. I don't like noisy places.

Shaun has voiced what I feel is the mood of many of us, that we'd like a venue where the music doesn't make your ears bleed, there's beer till 2a.m., and no taxi needed. Me, I'd be happy if the bar at the Sheldon just stayed open till 2a.m. After a gig the night before, and a two hour drive down, I wasn't feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed. I suspect others felt likewise. this thread may give an insight as to why.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk