Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Congestion Charge PCN - SCAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Events Ltd View Post
    Sorry, but that just simply isn't true. I didn't know anything about it at all, but had 'heard' of it, so Googled and researched and found out what I needed to know. When I started working in the Waldorf, I found out exactly what was what. Maybe you guys further away don't know anything about it as you are highly unlikely to drive into London, therefore it won't affect you, so you had no interest?
    And that's pretty much spot on. We don't have anything like that around here - our roads are still free to use (well, after the normal UK-wide taxes have been paid!). The exception being the use of the Tyne Tunnel but you can't leave the area without paying due to the pay booth barriers so it's a completely different situation. I've only ever visited London by train a few times so your road system and by-laws remain a complete mystery to me.

And, to be fair, I'm highly unlikely to be driving anywhere personally!!!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

I live in the north east but have heard about this.
    a quick google says payment direct on TFL website, online, by sms, or at other nominated high street shops and garages.
    It also states
    You can pay in advance or on the day of travel. If you don't pay by midnight on the charging day after you drove in the zone, you'll get a Penalty Charge Notice.
    However I do agree the fine is excessive.
    London may be the first city to implement the charge, but I don't think it will be the last.
    People need to travel and it is an easy way to make extra money.

Default Didn't know about this!

Quote Originally Posted by djdj View Post
    I live in the north east but have heard about this.
    a quick google says payment direct on TFL website, online, by sms, or at other nominated high street shops and garages.
    It also states
    You can pay in advance or on the day of travel. If you don't pay by midnight on the charging day after you drove in the zone, you'll get a Penalty Charge Notice.
    However I do agree the fine is excessive.
    London may be the first city to implement the charge, but I don't think it will be the last.
    People need to travel and it is an easy way to make extra money.
    Durham Road User Charge Zone
    http://www.durham.gov.uk/pages/Servi...ServiceId=6370

Quote Originally Posted by djdj View Post

Wow! They've really advertised that one round here, haven't they??? NOT!!!

I've done a few gigs at Durham Castle and I know there was a payment point and rising bollard system but to have to then travel to Framwellgate Moor to pay the new charge? That's adding even extra expense in fuel costs and time. {thought better of posting this next comment due to political policy of the Forum!!!}

I was beginning to think of having to reassess my fees when working in Durham but have noticed that the zone only operates until 4pm so it's not really an issue - yet!!!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Can you imagine the overheads if they had to send letters to every single vehicle owner that entered London every day???!!!!!! Logic dictates that is not feasible.
    I will repeat - they make £1million from fining people who "fail to pay".
    Also they send you a letter if you fail to pay so either way ... a letter gets sent out unless you remember to pay.

5 times more people will appeal against the congestion charge PCN when compared to the Parking PCN's ... says something in itself.

Anybody who thinks the below ideas will help motorists have a fair chance please sign this petition and pass it along.

1) If a motorist has not paid their Congestion Charge - Send them a reminder with payment details.

2) Update the lacking signage to include the payment terms (by the next day) to ensure motorists have fair warning to pay before receiving fines.

3) Make it clear on the HOME page of the congestion charging website that payment must be made beforehand or by the following day.

4) Allow a fair amount of time to pay the congestion charge, after receiving a reminder / invoice.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/55230

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

My mother nearly got caught out by the congestion charge, she was visiting relatives and the Sat nav took her through the city centre, she has no interest in computers whatsoever and wouldn't know how to "google", it was only when she mentioned it to her cousin that she knew when she had to pay it. So how are the older, less informed and non PC owning folk supposed to know?

Quote Originally Posted by Parkboy View Post
    My mother nearly got caught out by the congestion charge, she was visiting relatives and the Sat nav took her through the city centre, she has no interest in computers whatsoever and wouldn't know how to "google", it was only when she mentioned it to her cousin that she knew when she had to pay it. So how are the older, less informed and non PC owning folk supposed to know?
    Presumably they watched the national news when it was introduced?
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkboy View Post
    So how are the older, less informed and non PC owning folk supposed to know?
    Ah you see this is my point exactly - you're not supposed to know until they get a fine ... then they get a £65 compulsory education on how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Presumably they watched the national news when it was introduced?
    National News isn't enough. I personally do not watch the news ever or read newspapers. News comes to me - word of mouth.
    Besides if it was national news that if you leave £20 on a counter and invite a stranger over they might steal it doesn't make does that make it legal?

Also to mention I haven't received a reply from an appeal I sent or a complaint I sent despite it being over 7 days since it has been sent - constantly overwhelmed with complaints maybe?
    Or they cannot afford to employ somebody to reply to complaints seem as they only make £1.6 billion a year.

Odd really as they expect me to pay up within 14 days to get my discount.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    Ah you see this is my point exactly - you're not supposed to know until they get a fine ... then they get a £65 compulsory education on how it works.

National News isn't enough. I personally do not watch the news ever or read newspapers. News comes to me - word of mouth.
    Besides if it was national news that if you leave £20 on a counter and invite a stranger over they might steal it doesn't make does that make it legal?

Also to mention I haven't received a reply from an appeal I sent or a complaint I sent despite it being over 7 days since it has been sent - constantly overwhelmed with complaints maybe?
    Or they cannot afford to employ somebody to reply to complaints seem as they only make £1.6 billion a year.

Odd really as they expect me to pay up within 14 days to get my discount.
    Yeah good luck with that.

If only there was some way out there other than the national news... Or the Internet... To spread the word. Perhaps some kind of giant megaphone?

I dont believe this is still going on.
    The CC is clearly signposted. You should have checked when you saw the signs if unsure.

End of....