Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kids parties how to handle 40 + 6 years old musical statues etc

Default Kids parties how to handle 40 + 6 years old musical statues etc

OK Guys n Gals need some advice
    Im failing at Musical statues at kids parties when there is more than 20

Any tips on how to eliminate the kids and make sure they dont join in again 10 secs later - oh and how to tell them there out
    without breaking their hearts ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paul1404 View Post
    Any tips on how to eliminate the kids and make sure they dont join in again 10 secs later

I flip it on its head, and do "themed" musical statues.

So, you ask the kids to make a statue of, say, a Tiger when the music stops, The winner can be your favourite statue of the round and wins a token prize maybe. Keeps everyone involved throughout, and can be tweaked to suit the occasion (younger kids - zoo animals, older kids - Popstars, footballers etc, Halloween - Scary statues)

Cattle prod if they move?? This one is designed for kids so I doubt the parents will mind

Name:  hAE981CF6.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  46.5 KB

I would give them an incentive other than just winning/loosing.
    toys or sweets, perhaps purchased by the party organiser.
    Last edited by yourdj; 27-09-2013 at 01:29 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I have a similar problem every single time... normally I ask the kids that are out to come and help me but that in larger groups that becomes difficult.
    As soon as I start experiencing problems I do as has been mentioned before ... single out the best rather than get rid of the worst.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

For the 7 year old birthday party I did last week I made it into a boys v girls competition. Who ever was the last person to move, it was one point against their team. First team to lose ten times, that's the end of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dj foureyes View Post
    For the 7 year old birthday party I did last week I made it into a boys v girls competition. Who ever was the last person to move, it was one point against their team. First team to lose ten times, that's the end of the game.
    Last person to move? Surely that should be the first person??

It is a good idea, though, and it keeps the kids involved so they're not getting bored and up to mischief once they are out. I like that!!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

No confusion mate. In Musical Statues its the last person moving when the music stops who's out and this way they still remain in the game ( as you say)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    I flip it on its head, and do "themed" musical statues.

So, you ask the kids to make a statue of, say, a Tiger when the music stops, The winner can be your favourite statue of the round and wins a token prize maybe. Keeps everyone involved throughout, and can be tweaked to suit the occasion (younger kids - zoo animals, older kids - Popstars, footballers etc, Halloween - Scary statues)
    Yep I moved to doing that because with a big group of kids it is almost impossible to spot the last one to stop moving.

I pick 3 well known statues, ie Nelson (they cover one eye with a hand), Angel of the North (they stand in the crucified pose) or Statue of Liberty (one hand pointing upwards) then I get out my pre-written sheet (well that's what they think in reality it is just a piece of paper with writing on it) and when the music stops they all make one of the three statues, I look at my list (in reality I look around and see who has made what statue and eliminate who I want out (eg a lot at once, a couple at once, someone who has previously won a game, someone who has cheated and changed statues in the last round to stay in, etc etc).

Once you call out the statue tell them making that statue to sit down, I find that easier to watch that the people who should sit down do sit down and then they can't easily stand up again to sneak back in. If you spot someone changing statues then next round call the statue that they are making and look at them directly and say 'Unlucky, sit down'.

That works for me

JTRS

What I've been doing is.. when a child is out they become a Judge and sit at the side, when the music stops I go to the judge/s and get their verdict. This works really well, give it ago
    sometimes letting the kids give their verdict using the microphone is enough to keep them interested in being a judge, instead of rejoining the dance floor.