Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which headphones

Default Which headphones

This maybe in the wrong section, so please move if necessary.

I am looking to buy a new set of headphones. I currently use the Technics rp-dj1200, which have lasted well, and I like them. They do what I need them to, but, I want something newer.

I have been looking at reviews of the V-Moda crossfade m-100 headphones, and by all accounts they are great headphones.

Do any of you use these, and if so, what are you views on them. Or is there anything better out there.

I will be using them for djing and home listening.

Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]www.super-sonic.eu

i am no expert but i bought these for size, comfort and quality of sound and they are very nice for the cost.
    Great for home listening and mobile applications. For a club you would probably want better noise cancelation.

Name:  2744_a44505e93e-yeadio_product.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  26.6 KB
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Default Allen & Heath Xone XD2-53

I bought the Allen & Heath Xone XD2-53 just because they block out an amazing amount of background noise. Which is great when you are unexpectedly faced with a pipe-band doing a wee set before the buffet.
    They did also helped when a stupid singing act were performing at 107db for hour in-between my set and the earplugs just weren't enough to stop my ears from ringing.
    Lee
    Lee Live: Wedding DJ
    http://www.djLeeLive.com/

Quote Originally Posted by leelive View Post
    ...just because they block out an amazing amount of background noise...
    I bought the Sennheiser HD25's for the same reason (I realised that I actually couldn't hear what I was cueing up!) I bought mine 4yrs ago and I've used them regularly for both mobile and club work and I'm still on the first set of ear pads (there are two sets in the box and you can get spares for every single part of them).

32db of attenuation is a LOT As a bonus, they also sound absolutely fantastic for casual listening.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

I've tried the Marshall headphones, Beats solo, beats studio and Sennheiser HD25's.
    Was trying to compare headphones with friends and did several tests.

Marshall (£70ish)-
    By far best value for money, I was really impressed with the sound quality and construction. The jack is really cool as well! I share the same concern regarding noise cancellation though.

Beats solo (£170ish)-
    For DJing I wouldn't bother... far too bassy, highs seemed fine but mids suffered - home use only, I'm sure they'd be fine live but you can get better suited headphones for the price.

Beats studio (£280ish)-
    These headphones sounded quite amazing all round and probably the best I've ever heard (these I've only heard in a shop however), couldn't really fault much about these other than I don't like the ear cup, good noise cancellation. Quality wise very good bit pricey though!! (nearly £300).

Sennheiser HD25's (£150ish) -
    I personally own these and bought them before testing the others above - noise cancellation is very good, for live applications it's better than the above - everything replaceable, for home use I'd say it could benefit from a little more low end bass but the 125hz+ lows, mids and highs sound superb - in modern music, dance music sounds best through these, hip hop and dubstep doesn't really shine on these headphones as much as the Beats.

I would personally go for either the Marshall or Sennheiser headphones, the V-moda ones I have no experience with, I can't help thinking are going down the whole beats route - overpriced headphones.
    Sennheisers are the industry standard, you'll see those headphones on TV more than any other guaranteed, DJ's, cameramen, anybody in the industry nearly always seems to have them!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    Sennheiser HD25's (£150ish) -
    I personally own these and bought them before testing the others above - noise cancellation is very good, for live applications it's better than the above - everything replaceable, for home use I'd say it could benefit from a little more low end bass but the 125hz+ lows, mids and highs sound superb - in modern music, dance music sounds best through these, hip hop and dubstep doesn't really shine on these headphones as much as the Beats.
    I frequently find that when I listen to music at home on the Senny's, I discover something new about the tracks I'm listening to. The reproduction on these headphones is absolutely superb and they make you realise just what is missing when you listen on lower priced models. While the sound from them is well rounded and the lows are full and rich, I do agree with what you're saying about certain genres being better suited to other brands/models.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

I use the Sennheiser HD25s and have done for years. Recommended.

I've always used Sennheiser too but I can't remember the model name off hand. Mine are foldable I know that.

pioneer hdj 2000 i had the 1000 but heard the 2000 and they sound great

Work: Sennheiser HD25
    Home: Aerial7 Tank

I'd never go past the Sennheisers for work. The ariel7's are good too though. Nice and bassy, but too bulky for my preference for gigging with.