Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pcdj kj

Default pcdj kj

could someone please give me an idiots guide to how this works. do i just buy the plug in and job done?
    Re cdg, can i just rip the songs from cd to cdg, or am i better buying the cdg discs then ripping them?
    how does the dual monitor work, do i need a video card with two monitor outputs? sorry for all the queations but i have no idea.

You can buy it as a stand alone program or if you already run PCDJ VRM you can add it on to that.

You can't make a CD+G from a normal CD if that's what you meant and yes you have to rip from the CD+G discs. The files that it rips will then be in two parts, the music element and the graphic element.

You will need a video card with dual monitors - and I believe most laptops have them. You can check by going to display properties and settings. If you have the facility there, it will show two monitors, one being ghosted out. Change the setting from there.

Once you've installed KJ, click on the KJ2 button and your second monitor will appear. This is a floating window, so all you do is drag it across to you other monitor, double click and it will re-size itself to full screen.

Hope this helps.

so its extended monitor? In fx vrm, it has i cdg button, and it rips two parts, or is this something different. Is the program stable running the plugin?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thames Valley Discos View Post
    so its extended monitor? In fx vrm, it has i cdg button, and it rips two parts, or is this something different. Is the program stable running the plugin?
    Thanks

Yeah, sorry Paul, extended monitor is what I meant. (on the desktop and it hasn't got the facility and I couldn't remember what it was called)

The program has always been stable for me, but don't use the kamikaze button, as it always crashes for me.

Screen shot below, so you can see how it rips the files.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

kamikaze button??
    Yeah, fx rips them like that, but i dont have the plugin to try them, cant seem to find a demo plugin to tr before i buy

kamikaze button??
    Yeah, fx rips them like that, but i dont have the plugin to try them, cant seem to find a demo plugin to tr before i buy
    Kamikaze button chooses a song at random to play (supposedly)

Wht else do you need to know Paul?

You can search as you would in PCDJ and it adds the KJ player to where you might have the mixer or sampler etc.

I'm not sure they do a demo version, but it makes searching for songs a lot easier and also you can type in the person's name who is about to sing and have that displayed on the monitors.

so would you recommend this over say a dedicated player?
    can you still use the pcdj as normal if not doing karaoke, and finally(i think)
    where is the best place to buy the discs.
    thanks Darren

so would you recommend this over say a dedicated player?
    It's the same choice as using either a twin CD deck or a PC. The laptop with KJ makes it a lot easier to search for songs, you can put peoples names on the screen and also have a 'playlist' with people lined up ready to sing.

can you still use the pcdj as normal if not doing karaoke
    VRM stands for virtual rack mount, so you can add things on. The buttons at the top of PCDJ that change whether you want the recorder or mixer etc - that's where you click to have KJ on the screen. It's a single player and sits just below your 2 decks. You can still play songs through PCDJ, yes, but KJ will play through the same channel as your left hand player (player one)

, and finally(i think)
    where is the best place to buy the discs.
    Loads of places do them. Images in Scotland are very good and you can belong to their gold card scheme and get money back too.

many thanks, very helpfull

many thanks, very helpfull
    No problem.