Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BPM returns to the NEC on Saturday 13th through to Monday 15th September 2014

Default BPM returns to the NEC on Saturday 13th through to Monday 15th September 2014

Posted by Mark Walsh ...

Its been a busy day in the BPM Office today!

The dates for BPM 2014 have been set. BPM is returning to the NEC in Birmingham from Saturday the 13th through to Monday the 15th of September. There will be an exciting new show format for 2014, one that will vastly benefit visitors, exhibitors, trade professionals, performers and educators alike.

In 2014 the event will run as two co-located shows: BPM: DJ and Electronic Music Production Event and PRO: Audio and Lighting Technology Show.

The idea behind the co-located shows is grounded in a commitment to ensure that BPM retains its focus on DJs while still allowing for growth in the PA, Lighting and Effects sectors, which have been naturally and consistently growing each year. PRO will be targeted at users, retailers and installers of sound, lighting, video and effects equipment for small and medium-sized venues such as bars, clubs and concert venues. Although PRO and BPM will each have their own unique identity, they will be conveniently joined, and the same ticket will cover entry to both shows. Both events will also benefit from the NEC’s central location, unparalleled transport links and wide selection of nearby hotels, allowing convenient access for visitors from across the UK and around the world.

Link: http://www.exhibitionnews.co.uk/news...ighting-market

Thank you
    *** Genie Discs Entertainments ***

Professional Sound & Lighting, PAT Compliant, DJ Guard PLI Insurance and PRS/MCPS ProDub License.

This to me reads as BPM wants to be PLASA. I can't say I blame Mark Walsh, but the sound and light show is targeting venues, installers etc. 'Users' of sound and light meaning DJs? Nice to get a mention.

The other half sounds like it is targeting club DJs and producers and people who make music.

Mobile DJs? Not actually mentioned.

I'm not surprised though as even after the first year I thought it was heading in that direction.

September again.....likely ill have to give it a miss again
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

September?????????????????? I don't think so
    ...the chemistry of music
    ''''

How long will it be before it's engulfed into the Plasa ecosystem?
    just ian
    Wedding DJ - DISCOfever

Whilst I was a little disappointed this year with BPM - mainly because of exhibitors, or the lack of. The fact is that it is a big risk and the 'Mobile DJ' market is sadly not what it used to be. There is no choice in my opinion but for this show to go in to other areas of Sound & Lighting to survive, and I think it is a good idea that he is still splitting the show so that DJ is still in one hall. As a retailer who has generally been aimed at the Mobile Disco market - we are changing as there is an obvious swing to either the hobby DJ/ Bedroom DJ / Club DJ or the other way to home recording / studio. You can see it with the different retailers moving in directions, except of course all those who just upload everything from everyone.

This year BPM in my opinion became very much an end user show - the down side of that is the manufacturers want trade orders to cover the massive costs involved in this type of event. It is a fine balance and I have always thought there is room for a show that has both DJ and some of the other markets, and with the size of the NEC and the halls it has I can see it being the perfect venue.

Let us remember that Mark Walsh started this show from absolutely nothing, he was a normal guy like me and you. Could you have done it, and would you have even taken the risk. I say this not to defend the show - but as someone who came away thinking, maybe that was a wasted journey - but hey I couldn't have done better in a million years in the current climate when companies are cutting back in marketing.

I think we would all agree that we would rather have BPM in whatever form it takes than not have it at all, wouldn't we ?

Quote Originally Posted by discoworld View Post

I think we would all agree that we would rather have BPM in whatever form it takes than not have it at all, wouldn't we ?
    The Sunday night is good enough for me

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    The Sunday night is good enough for me
    We weren't good enough for you this year
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

Quote Originally Posted by deltic View Post
    We weren't good enough for you this year
    Sorry Andy I was soooo busy, But if its any consolation I was gutted to miss out.

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    Sorry Andy I was soooo busy, But if its any consolation I was gutted to miss out.
    Not really the same without the hamster!! Not the smartest move changing the date to September it's a busy time for most of us.
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member