Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DJ's being licenced, just like doormen licence

Exclamation DJ's being licenced, just like doormen licence

Hi all,
    has anyone heard of this whisper going around, cos I just wanted to clarify this info. Apparently we are to be CRB checked, PLI'd, PAT tested & have to be certified & have a card or licence to show that you are not just swinging the lead so to speak. Someone also spoke to me to say that it is to stop the non tax paying DJ if any out there! dnt know if this is true, dnt know if it is a good idea. I know that i've been checked, got PLI, had PAT done & am paying tax... Please reply cos i need to know what other people/DJ's/KJ's/VJ's views are on this subject & has anyone heard if this is true or another red herring!

Cheers

MK

i haven't heard this as such, certainly sounds a good idea and i for one would actually favour such a move, but to be honest as we are not regulated, who is going to enforce this?

Also Marky nice to meet you, why not pop into the newbie thread and introduce yourselve, we are quite a friendly bunch (well some of us anyway lol - just watch the mods )
    Gaz Evans
    www.candybeatdiscos.com
    Kids Parties, Weddings, Birthdays
    Fife, West Lothian, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Stirling & Glasgow

this story did the rounds on forums about 18 months ago ?? i certainly havent heard it mentioned to me or been approached about it ? know where i used to live cab driver had to have this sort of thing from the local council.?? watch this space.
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

Just a rumour.

How on earth do you think they would 'police' this?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewnics View Post
    (well some of us anyway lol - just watch the mods )
    & the Admins!
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

As each thing is dealt with by different regulartory bodies, and there is no legal requirement for some of those things anyway, I can't see it ever happening...... diffeent organisations co-operating? NEVER!
    Last edited by Corabar Entertainment; 29-10-2006 at 04:18 PM.

Great idea and has been one thats been floating around for a longtime but doubt it would ever happen and as others said it would be very difficult to police too...

Doubt it would stop the cowboys either as you will always find a pub / social club / private function tryping to save a few quid on the cost of their disco....
    UK EVENT SERVICES.CO.UK
    * Photo Video Guestbooks & Video Booths *

Based in Worcestershire and covering across the UK - Tel: 08456 43 48 49

rumour is still going strong and believe an MP is to put forward a white paper for all these type of careers ie window cleaning, DJing the list could be endless but it is a way of keeping us in check. Basically so tax man can see what were upto and will ensure local councils can see we are complying with ever increasing regulations. Even not claiming benefits illegally and such like etc etc

It wouldnt be that hard to police as they will just open another CSO type officer to do the job much like traffic walden positions have gone to them positions. they will soon be walking into pubs asking for our paperwork just shutting us down if we dont have it.

Another thorn coming our way but Im almost sorted awaiting it

How is anybody gonna stop me doing a disco if i don't have a licence if im doing a private party or working in a club?
    Even police need permission to enter a social club unless they believe there is a crime taking place. And you wouldn't expect a man from the county council checking a village hall on a saturday evening on the off chance.
    there are bigger fish to catch rather than us DJs who regulate ourselve quite well anyway.

great idea, even my sister who is a qualified hair-dresser tells me they have to have liscenes now so why not the DJ?

i think policing this would make it an impossible task tho and cannot see it ever happening