Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DJ's being licenced, just like doormen licence

Well this will hapen, Spelthorn Council and Runneymede Council are checking up now on thier premises and yes they do go out on a Saturday night.
    They will stop a function if the DJ has not got P.A.T testing and at least 2 Million PLI. they have the power to enter, seek and find attitude. They are also looking at the premises and making sure they are being used fully and for what they where hired for etc.
    So yes it is starting to happen. There are talks of taking this further but has to go though a lot more processes yet, passed etc.
    It will take the form of taxi drivers, and you will have to register at the local council to operate, that registration will carry to each other council etc. and it connected to the paper work already in operation with local councils, with concerns to new liecencing act.

Quote Originally Posted by musicbox View Post
    Well this will hapen, Spelthorn Council and Runneymede Council are checking up now on thier premises and yes they do go out on a Saturday night.
    They will stop a function if the DJ has not got P.A.T testing and at least 2 Million PLI. they have the power to enter, seek and find attitude. They are also looking at the premises and making sure they are being used fully and for what they where hired for etc.
    So yes it is starting to happen. There are talks of taking this further but has to go though a lot more processes yet, passed etc.
    It will take the form of taxi drivers, and you will have to register at the local council to operate, that registration will carry to each other council etc. and it connected to the paper work already in operation with local councils, with concerns to new liecencing act.
    But there are a lot of non-council venues.

What will happen with them?

its simple, provide one license that is affordable, maybe based on the money earnt by the disco in a financial year. have a sliding scale.make it easy to understand,then maybe we,d all be happy to comply. as it is now, its just a minefield.

..but what would that licence certify and who would administer & police it?

they would not ned to, say it cost £200, i,d be happy to pay that, then i,d advertise the fact to my clients that i had it. no need to police it if people were aware good discos had it

All liecenses are now govened by local council so they will come under the same roof in the end. That is why the local council venues are getting it right, so that they set an example they cay see how it works there wil be arguments.
    The council know where all the venues are right down to little place under an alley etc. otherwise they dont have a liecence and the police will close them first.
    Remember if the police think drink is being sold after the venues agreed hours they can go in, and then questions will be asked.
    I used to be in the drink trade glad to be out if it now, the fines are out of this world if caught with anything out of place.
    You might have noticed some pubs could not play music on thier tv's because they did tick the right boxes. Thats how fine tuned it is.

who polices PAT and PLI, no one, yet we all have it.
    As it stands, i have no idea what i should have to be totally covered from all angles.
    Last edited by Thames Valley Discos; 29-10-2006 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thames Valley Discos View Post
    who polices PAT and PLI, no one, yet we all have it.
    Local councils around here are on thier own venues at present.

OK, but what about what would it cover and who would administer it Paul?

Pete - surely there woud have to be changes to the law to get the local Councils the power to do all this?

Yes, there are law and powers in place for the sale of alcohol: yes, there are the entertainments licences - but they do not come anywhere near to covering the licencing of DJs..

- Cheat Paul! You edited your last post after I started posting my reply!