Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oh No - What the Fox Say?

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    It's hit our Radio One Top 40 at number 24!!

I think since the dawn of the pop video the actual song has become less and less relevant. I really don't think songs such as Eric Prydz Call On Me or Benny Benassi's Satisfaction would have gotten anywhere without those videos. Madonna's Justify My Love wasn't her greatest musical achievement but the video was notorious. When was the last time the non-video DJs were asked for these tracks?
    I think there's still got to be some substance to the song no matter how tenuous it might be. Satisfaction is a pretty rubbish song but it has a good hook and Call on Me is a cracking tune whicever way you cut it. On the flipside something like that Yeah Yeah Yeahs song with the treadmills is a brilliant video but it's faded into obscurity because the music itself wasn't much cop in the long run.

If music choice was based on how good the video was we'd all be spinning Weezer's Buddy Holly at every gig

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    If music choice was based on how good the video was we'd all be spinning Weezer's Buddy Holly at every gig
    You mean you don't?

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    You mean you don't?
    3 of my last 4 gigs have featured it.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    Requested and played last night to a lukewarm reception. It's actually something I could use with the kids as the video is quite fun, but typically I can't find a (legal) music video for it.

Bah.

Julian
    Music video is available on xtendamix. Played at every gig this weekend and went down well at all of them, 2 weddings, christening and a 21st birthday.

Its a bit of fun in this far too serious world
    www.bossmankaraokedisco.co.uk & www.coventry-weddingdj.co.uk
    BOSSMAN KARAOKE DISCO inc. COVENTRY WEDDING DJ

Covering Coventry, West Midlands & Warwickshire

I think there's still got to be some substance to the song no matter how tenuous it might be. Satisfaction is a pretty rubbish song but it has a good hook and Call on Me is a cracking tune whicever way you cut it. On the flipside something like that Yeah Yeah Yeahs song with the treadmills is a brilliant video but it's faded into obscurity because the music itself wasn't much cop in the long run.

If that's true how do you explain Mr Blobby???
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

I downloaded this track on Saturday afternoon just in case for that night's party and lo and behold. What was the very first request of the night? The main stream music charts are actually getting worse and didn't think that could be possible

www.accessallareasdisco.co.uk

Proud members of the NADJ

Sorry to go a bit "business" on this but music videos are essentially creating a brand for the artist and their music. There are plenty of average products which are purchased by the masses despite their inferior quality due to expense and clever marketing and music is definitely a brilliant example of how absolute howlers (pun intended) of tracks can become hits.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Well I can't believe that nobody here actually remembers what the Fox says.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Christmas-Sl...ds=basil+brush

Boom Boom.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk