Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pioneer DDJ- WeGO anyone use this?

Post Pioneer DDJ- WeGO anyone use this?

I currently have an MC6000 as main playout and DJ2GO working the back up lappy.

I'm thinking of getting a DDJ-WeGo as a replacement for the DJ2GO. I'm fully aware that they are different beasts and although the WeGo is still pretty much an entry level controller it'll do plenty more than the DJ2GO. The thing that appeals about the WeGo is the proper master outs as this can go direct into the QSC K12's should the need arise.

Anyone one use one at all? Are they good, bad , indifferent?

Thanks in advance
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

I'll be looking at the thread as I was looking for a replacement for my dearly departed DJ2Go only last night. It seems a lot of stockists no longer have the DJ2Go anymore.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I'll be looking at the thread as I was looking for a replacement for my dearly departed DJ2Go only last night. It seems a lot of stockists no longer have the DJ2Go anymore.
    My DJ2GO is still alive just looking for something a bit more versatile without breaking the bank.

It seems there is a WeGO2 out now with connection for ipad and using DJAY app. They've added an "ergonomic" handle to it now which doubles as the ipad stand but I think it makes it look very "Fisher- Price" now.

Name:  Pioneer_DDJ-WeGo2.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  43.9 KB
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I know one stockist with one more DJ2GO than he really needs. Exacvtly what caused yours to shuffle off this mortal coil?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Why not get am MC2000/3000?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Events Ltd View Post
    I thought that MC2000 was only on Serato but now after a bit of further investigation it is plug n play for VDJ too. So will look at this now

Surely that's overkill? I know Paul has another MC6000 in case the main one dies, so why buy something capable of running the whole show? A DJ2GO and a good soundcard is a more than adequate provision. Also it scores high on space saving. I've got to say that I think it would look weird or cluttered with two mixers/controllers on the shelf.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Surely that's overkill? I know Paul has another MC6000 in case the main one dies, so why buy something capable of running the whole show? A DJ2GO and a good soundcard is a more than adequate provision. Also it scores high on space saving. I've got to say that I think it would look weird or cluttered with two mixers/controllers on the shelf.
    Indeed there is another MC6000. After having a further look the WeGo is considerably more compact than the MC2000 and alot smaller and less intrusive than the MC3000 would be alongside the MC6000.

The DJ2Go isn't dead (yet), I just fancied something a bit more versatile with a few more features and something that is USB powered (2000 is 3000 isn't). I will continue my quest but ultimately may end up with the DJ2go staying on and doing the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Surely that's overkill? I know Paul has another MC6000 in case the main one dies, so why buy something capable of running the whole show?
    Ah, I obviously didn't read that!

Ah, I obviously didn't read that!
    And I didn't read it because it wasn't mentioned!!